Brewing Hook

DarkNinja2462

• 1 month later...

Why? Those things can be added without editing any base classes, you just need to do a little digging into it.

I have looked into this extensively, and while it is very easy to make a custom potion item, making it brew is another matter altogether. The current setup is confusing at best and downright cryptic at worst. Sure, I can understand bits of it but nowhere near enough to add more potions to the current potion item, without causing potentially disasterous consequences. If you still think I am wrong, though, and by all means I might be, can you link to a topic explaining how to do so as I cannot find one on this forum nor the offical MC forum.

@OP I am working on hooks to allow for more control over brewing, will be posting them here once it's in a respectable state, and maybe it'll get accepted.

MC's brewing system is not designed as a 'X+Y=Z'

It is a series of bit twiddeling, which is actually fairly basic to understand once you know basic bit manipulation.

Any re-write of the system to make it more 'user friendly' or 'understandable' would be something that isn't within our range to do in Forge.

If you want to make and ship a completely different brewing system, go for it, but, its not in Forge.

And dont bump 2 month old threads -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon