Teleporting a Player to a new Dimension

Draco18s

I have an item that I would like to have teleport the player back to the overworld (dimension 0), at the overworld spawn position.

I'd like to do this WITHOUT creating a nether portal at the overworld destination.  Currently it appears that it is doing so, and immediately re-teleporting the player to the nether (regardless of original demarcation dimension).

I tried looking at Mystcraft's teleportation code, but it is very complex, and with the amount of obfuscated method and field names I'm unable to follow it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I know i am proberly not the best person for this to answer but maybe my idea helps.

Well when you rightclick a item you have 3 variables. (just thinking while typing)

I know that the spawncoordinates are stored in a player. So you have access to them.

I guess you mean with spawn the bed.

There are variables where you can access the chunk coordinates.

Point 1: Coordinates. Check!

Point 2: Teleportation. Not knowen yet.

After Reading a half hour the Source i found a way for teleport.

Look in the Entity Class. There is a methode/function that is called Travel to dimension. Check it out.

I hope it helps. Speiger

After Reading a half hour the Source i found a way for teleport.

Look in the Entity Class. There is a methode/function that is called Travel to dimension. Check it out.

Already using it:

I'd like to do this WITHOUT creating a nether portal at the overworld destination.  Currently it appears that it is doing so, and immediately re-teleporting the player to the nether (regardless of original demarcation dimension).

It's a very odd side effect that isn't caused by the Entity#travelToDimension() method directly.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

I am having this same problem, I keep generating a nether portal. xD Even when I am just going from the overworld to my custom dimension. :P I'd like to know of a fix as well. The objective for me is to "strand" the player in the world so they have to "find" their way out. If you can find the fix Draco, please post it here so I can use it too.

My fix involved calling travelToDimension followed by a setPositionAndUpdate.  Doing that mysteriously doesn't cause a nether portal.

Wow, found another fix. I used the other transferToDimension method (The one that has the third argument of teleporter) and it places you there without a nether portal, add a few smoke effects and you've got yourself Mystcraft teleportation. Here is my code if you want it:

public boolean oClicked(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity){

if ((par5Entity.ridingEntity == null) && (par5Entity.riddenByEntity == null) && ((par5Entity instanceof EntityPlayerMP))){

EntityPlayerMP thePlayer = (EntityPlayerMP)par5Entity;       

if (thePlayer.timeUntilPortal > 0){           

thePlayer.timeUntilPortal = 10;       

}else if (thePlayer.dimension != LegendofZelda.DimID){               

WorldServer ws = (WorldServer)par1World;

thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, LegendofZelda.DimID, new LoZTeleporter(ws));

// transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, LegendofZelda.DimID);

}else{

thePlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(thePlayer, 0);

}       

}

return true;

}

Note useful for me.  I don't use a teleporter.

• 2 months later...

Draco,

I know this is an old thread, but if you plan on updating to 1.7.2 or just want to improve your code, I thought I'd chime in with support for CJCutrone9's method; you don't even need to create a Teleporter, just use the default one. This way, you don't have to offset the player's position by some crazy amount (even 256 wasn't working for me). Check it out:

// obviously make sure you are server side, then get the world server's default teleporter:
((EntityPlayerMP) player).mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(
(EntityPlayerMP) player, 0, ((WorldServer) world).getDefaultTeleporter());

// get the height value so you don't get stuck in solid blocks or worse, in the void
double dy = player.worldObj.getHeightValue(
MathHelper.floor_double(player.posX), MathHelper.floor_double(player.posZ));

// still seem to need to set the position, +1 so you don't get in the void
player.setPositionAndUpdate(player.posX, dy + 1, player.posZ);

It works perfectly, and no freaking Nether portal!!!

Got my No-Portal DIMtp working with a stripped tiny "Extends Teleporter" subclass in my block class.... using OnActivated() for my code atm, but will change that to the onWalkedOn() trigger probably. 

Cutting out all the portal stuff got it to work good,

only features are a single block get to get the new dimension to gen the destination chunk PRIOR to calling the transfer, and the CoolAlias/CJCutrone9 code for the transfer and post-elevation-fix.

Dont have to worry about slow world gens anymore

if(pWorld.isRemote) return false;

if (pEPlayer instanceof EntityPlayerMP)  {

EntityPlayerMP	EMPlayer = (EntityPlayerMP) pEPlayer;
      int  		goDim 	= (pEPlayer.dimension == 0)? modinfo.DimensoinID : 0;
      WorldServer 	ws	= EMPlayer.mcServer.worldServerForDimension(goDim);
      Teleporter 	telep 	= new Teleporto(ws);//ws.getDefaultTeleporter();

if (goDim != 0)   {     // dummy grab a block to maybe gen destination Dim chunk
             aj.ajOut("++BimBug+++ DimTP: grabbed world block- "   // aj.out() is my simple console println
                    +ws.getBlock( (int)EMPlayer.posX, 4, (int)EMPlayer.posZ).getUnlocalizedName() );
      }

EMPlayer.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension( EMPlayer, goDim, telep);

// CoolAlias - CJCutrone9 forum post code +++++++++++
     //get the height value so you don't get stuck in solid blocks or worse, in the void
     double dy = EMPlayer.worldObj.getHeightValue(
                          MathHelper.floor_double(EMPlayer.posX), MathHelper.floor_double(EMPlayer.posZ));
     // still seem to need to set the position, +1 so you don't get in the void
     EMPlayer.setPositionAndUpdate(EMPlayer.posX, dy + 1, EMPlayer.posZ);
     // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  }
  return true;
}

//=================================================
//========  subclass inside myblock file======

public class Teleporto extends Teleporter{

private final WorldServer worldServerInstance;

public Teleporto(WorldServer par1WorldServer) {
      super(par1WorldServer);
      this.worldServerInstance = par1WorldServer;
   }

@Override
   public void placeInPortal(Entity pEntity, double p2, double p3, double p4, float p5) {
       int i = MathHelper.floor_double(pEntity.posX);
       int j = MathHelper.floor_double(pEntity.posY);
       int k = MathHelper.floor_double(pEntity.posZ);
       this.worldServerInstance.getBlock(i, j, k); //dummy load to maybe gen chunk
       int height = this.worldServerInstance.getHeightValue(i, k);
       pEntity.setPosition( i, height, k );
       return;
   }  // dont do ANY portal junk, just grab a dummy block then SHOVE the player setPosition() at height
}

[code]

Hey guys,

I am wondering if it is possible to teleport a mob to a custom dimension installed by another mod.

I already have mobs teleportation working but only for my dimension...

And, another question that I have.......

Why portals only teleport players entities and no other creatures?

I created a portal that teleports any entities that collided with it and works perfectly... that is a strange face of minecraft behavior lol.

†GnR† Slash

can one man truly make a difference?