whats happened to all the main forge mods?

mrgreaper

1.3.2 has been out for a month now and forge was available 2 weeks ago for it but all the main mods that use it are not even in pre-release, i mean most dont even say thier working on it.

ic2 even did an update recently...for 1.2.5!

i noticed animal bikes ditched forge and went to modloader, is forge too bugged at the moment for mods to update to it?

its hard to word this with out coming off as an arsehole or demanding and thats not where im trying to go, i just want to know if theres a reason none of the main mods (ic2, redpower, buildcraft, mystcraft) are not even being updated at the moment to 1.3.2

on a side note, me and a mate while waiting played better then wolves lan mode ... dear god i miss buildcraft and redpower!

Unfortunately, you lack the patience to simply WAIT.

There have been major changes in 1.3, not just to Minecraft itself, but to Forge as well.

The modders are working hard on it, but they seek your cooperation to WAIT and it will come. Promise.

Having dabbled in modding, I can say it's not easy.

And also, no one's stopping you from using MCNostalgia to backdate to 1.2.5.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

??? 1.3.0 hasn't even been out for a month, 1.3.2 was last week.

Anyhow.

When 1.3.0 dropped Forge was in the middle of a 1.2.5 build, Instead of scrapping the code the final 1.2.5 build was finished.

Forge had a modders version up, for testing and bug hunting. not builds suited for full blown modding.

It has since left that phase and modders have been updating, most haven't taken time to post that they are because that takes time away from updating and breaks the grove you get into and its hard to get back on track.

A lot has changed it will take time for all mods to update, the bigger the mod the longer the wait.

"animal bikes ditched forge"

Maybe they didn't need the features forge provided and jumped on the already finished api  (understandable but personally I think its a poor decision)

or Maybe they didn't want to take the time to learn the new system (piss poor excuse there, 1.4 will be hell for them)

Either way they left for their own reasons, and you will see the mods you love again.

As the author of a large Forge mod I can tell you that upgrading to MC 1.3 / Forge 4 is not easy and takes quite a while. So have some patience ;)

i'm not so sure i've watch most of the modder over in the UE section update very fast with only minor bugs.  Then again though some of the big mod makers could be wait for more stable versions. Another reason for the slow updating is school just started for a lot of people. Also i know build Craft has overly complex code for its API system.

this is the thing, im not asking for the update to be done right now. Just curious why none of the mods even say they are updating

IC2 is the perfect example, for ages i was refreshing the blog dialy and suddenly an update! ...for 1.2.5. so we know they havent been even working on a 1.3.2 update (or 1.3.x) there has to be some reason to that.

as for roll back to 1.2.5

i have a 1.2.5 client as well (i use multimc) our server is 1.2.5 BUT many of our block ids are now new vanila ones, so we are starting a new map, we plan to use the "large biome" option. so rolling back will achieve nothing in the long run.....however thats not the issue, im not asking why arnt they out already im asking why is there no news from them, no updates no sign of life.

the ic2 update mentions buildcraft 3.2 pre release but theres no sign of that, and heven forbid any one asking for an update or info (you just get flamed)

as an admin its deeply frustrating having no news at all.

If the mod devs said "we are working on it, it will take a couple of weeks" i would be ok with that, it would save me 20 mins or so of looking at each thread and searching to find info a day.

RE: the ue modders, yeah they have been very fast but the best thing about them, and im sorry if other modders take offense to this, offense is not ment but they communicate with thier users.  the main icbm one has said his updates will slow down a bit now due to school, no one minds that mainly as we know the score, we know whats happening.

the redpower dev simply tweeted on 1st august "i will update" and left it there, no sign she is updating no sign of life at all.

hmmm maybe im expecting too much, i know the mods are free, i know they give there own time for them, but they should know we do now rely on them, and at the end of the day all im asking for is info on whats going on

I know what you mean i was a server admin for a decent size server for a while, and updating a server is a pain when you don't know if everything is updated or stable. However, what i can tell you is most of the big mod maker are working on there mods but might be taking there time. You got to remember minecraft did change massively,server and client mod are now the same exact thing. Also on top of that big mods know they don't need to update fast or maybe they don't want to update right away.I myself use to wait 2 weeks after a version update to even start. Also instead of getting IC2 might i suggest UE it runs better, and will soon surpass IC2.

I'd be curious the exact reason why animal bikes has dropped Forge.

Seems a very silly thing to do with the figure of MC in sight and how ML refuses to even bother to change in the slightest.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

this is the thing, im not asking for the update to be done right now. Just curious why none of the mods even say they are updating

IC2 is the perfect example, for ages i was refreshing the blog dialy and suddenly an update! ...for 1.2.5. so we know they havent been even working on a 1.3.2 update (or 1.3.x) there has to be some reason to that.

as for roll back to 1.2.5

i have a 1.2.5 client as well (i use multimc) our server is 1.2.5 BUT many of our block ids are now new vanila ones, so we are starting a new map, we plan to use the "large biome" option. so rolling back will achieve nothing in the long run.....however thats not the issue, im not asking why arnt they out already im asking why is there no news from them, no updates no sign of life.

the ic2 update mentions buildcraft 3.2 pre release but theres no sign of that, and heven forbid any one asking for an update or info (you just get flamed)

as an admin its deeply frustrating having no news at all.

If the mod devs said "we are working on it, it will take a couple of weeks" i would be ok with that, it would save me 20 mins or so of looking at each thread and searching to find info a day.

RE: the ue modders, yeah they have been very fast but the best thing about them, and im sorry if other modders take offense to this, offense is not ment but they communicate with thier users.  the main icbm one has said his updates will slow down a bit now due to school, no one minds that mainly as we know the score, we know whats happening.

the redpower dev simply tweeted on 1st august "i will update" and left it there, no sign she is updating no sign of life at all.

hmmm maybe im expecting too much, i know the mods are free, i know they give there own time for them, but they should know we do now rely on them, and at the end of the day all im asking for is info on whats going on

OK, be patient

IC2 is working. They wanted to fix a few bugs before the update to 1.3.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

The only reasons I haven't updated and probably a few friends haven't gotten deep into modding is:

Waiting for stability

Looking for free time

Learning the new code

Learning other Java based things (Started learning LWJGL)

Just wait a wee bit and all your precious mods will be out.

width=320 height=64http://www.slothygaming.com/img/ota.png[/img]

If your grammar is shit and you blatantly don't know what you're doing, I will not help you.