Skin Randomly changed while Modding?

bpshawarma

Hello Forge Experts,

I was working on a Mod with my son for Forge 1.6.4 and we were adding a new Biome.

For some reason, when we ran Minecraft, the standard Steve skin had been replaced by some other inappropriate naked skin that we had never seen before.

We then closed Minecraft and re-launched it from Eclipse and it was back to the normal version of Steve.

We have been working on this mod for quite some time, so I'm just trying to understand what could have possibly caused this.

It's my understanding that Eclipse retrieves the Skin from mcp / jars / versions / 1.6.4 / 1.6.4.jar.

We checked out steve.png in that jar file and all seemed in order (normal clothed Steve).

We've also never downloaded a skin that looked like that... and even if we had - I just don't understand how it could have made its way into our modding version of Minecraft (in the mcp / jars folder) and why it would have only appeared one time and then gone away...

Can anyone think of a conceivable explanation for how this could have happened?

Could some error in the code prevented the standard texture from loading and forced Minecraft to retrieve the texture from somewhere else (possibly online)?

I'd love to get to the bottom of this, so any help or insights would be appreciated!

Thanks so much - that works perfectly!

I just have one more question:

Is there something I could set it to so that it would be "null" or something like that?

What I mean is: Is there a username I could use that could never be associated with a real name so that it always used the default Steve skin?

Thanks!

I like the "random skin" effect.  It makes me chuckle when I end up with one.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.