Pulling only Max Sized Stacks from an Inventory Slot

Draco18s

Was sorta messing around with some mods last night and needed a particular task to be supplied so that I didn't have to go into creative to get what I needed.

Basically I found that Invasion Mod pretty much by itself sets Minecraft up to play like a Tower Defense game, though I added Utility Mobs and Special Mobs to make it more interesting.

The "need" I had was supplying myself with swords, armor, and some building materials.  I managed this quite effectively with one small downside:

Items like swords will stack up, so I'd like to withdraw only 1 at a time, rather than the whole stack (and not interfere with items that can stack).

Here's a screenshot of my block from some point during development:

width=800 height=449http://s28.postimg.org/glqve2j65/2014_01_05_19_06_10.png[/img]

In creative mode the top slot can be modified (otherwise its locked).  The block then counts down a timer, when it hits 0, adds the top stack to the bottom stack (so if the top stack was 2 iron bars, each time-unit the bottom stack would increase by 2; special rule: an input stack of 64 means the timer is instant).  Bottom stack is output-only.

Is there a way I can restrict how many are withdrawn at once when the user picks up the stack?  I.e. with that stack of 2 swords if the user clicks it, they get 1 sword and the other remains in the slot.

Footnote:

As with a lot of problems I come across, the act of typing it out tends to reveal a solution.  In this case, a hidden 3 slot that holds the sized stack, the output slot holding only the max possible, when empty it yoinks from the hidden slot as many as allowed.  While certainly a solution, I'm going to leave this as is, amending: can it be done with only two slots?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

In this case, a hidden 3 slot that holds the sized stack, the output slot holding only the max possible, when empty it yoinks from the hidden slot as many as allowed.  While certainly a solution, I'm going to leave this as is, amending: can it be done with only two slots?

Would it be possible to add a quantity property to the TileEntity that holds the current available amount of items? That way when the output slot is empty, you could have it clone the stack in the top slot with a quantity of as many as allowed and subtract that from the current available quantity.

That's a thought.  Also avoids the pesky "but the stack is 64, can't make any more captain!" issue.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.