[1.6.4] How to properly export/compile a mod

Robosphinx

I've developed a simple mod that works seamlessly in eclipse on the client- and server-sides, yet when I export the project, as a zip and a s a jar, forge throws me this error when I load it outside of eclipse:

2014-01-08 18:12:29 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Examining file Zeus-1.6.4-0.1.12.1.zip for potential mods

2014-01-08 18:12:29 [FINER] [ForgeModLoader] Located mcmod.info file in file Zeus-1.6.4-0.1.12.1.zip

2014-01-08 18:12:29 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file Zeus-1.6.4-0.1.12.1.zip failed to read properly, it will be ignored

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList cannot be cast to java.lang.String

at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModMetadata.<init>(ModMetadata.java:107)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parseModMetadataList(MetadataCollection.java:84)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.parse10ModInfo(MetadataCollection.java:76)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.MetadataCollection.from(MetadataCollection.java:47)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:53)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:42)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:71)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:137)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:353)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:484)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

(Here's the full log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/532b9c95836aff77712d )

I've searched around, yet not found anything helpful to an actual mod file, so how might I go about fixing this seemingly simple yet annoying error?

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it.

It looks like it doesn't like your mcmod.info file

If you have one, can you post it please?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I may have just found something, but here's the current version. Have at it :D

Cannot access the upload path... I've pulled the mcmod.info out of my dev folder on to my desktop even :(

but hey, here's an alternative: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/972d78e19ff2b3ada4fc

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it.

I doubt that.

I took a looksee at my own mcmod.info file and cross referenced with the official documentation and here's what I see:

"authorList" is not a recognized object (should be "authors").

"credits" is supposed to be a string, not an array of strings

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Aight, I'll reformat it and see if it accepts it.

Up until this point I was referencing Pahimar's LetsMod mcmod.info, but it's most likely out of date by now :P

EDIT: alright, the server and client both load the mod WITH the mcmod.info in the client's case, and now I'm seeing a few errors I can fix up as they're just formatting errors from what I can tell, in the code itself. Thanks for your help guys!

Possible.  I wouldn't know.

I took mine from someone else and I haven't needed to chance it (except for the info, of course) since then.  Took me weeks to find that documentation page, too (you can give me a thanks over here, if you'd like).