[1.6.4]Making A Hostile Mob Non-Hostile

starwarsmace

Depending upon the mob (if it is vanilla or not), you may be able to simply remove the AI tasks from its AI, or insert/overwrite with your own tasks.  This could be done with the EntityJoinWorld event.

Another method might be to handle the LivingSetAttackTargetEvent, cancelling the target/overwriting the target for that entity.  (Haven't played with this one myself...so..it _might_ be viable)

A bit of a hackier method would be to use a tick-handler and examine entities near players, and remove/reset their AI target.

There may well be other methods as well, as this is not something that I've looked into very much.

Edit:  these are methods that should work fine with vanilla entities.  Handling mod entities will be hit-and miss depending upon whether they call the appropriate events and/or use the vanilla AI system.

Depending upon the mob (if it is vanilla or not), you may be able to simply remove the AI tasks from its AI, or insert/overwrite with your own tasks.  This could be done with the EntityJoinWorld event.

Another method might be to handle the LivingSetAttackTargetEvent, cancelling the target/overwriting the target for that entity.  (Haven't played with this one myself...so..it _might_ be viable)

A bit of a hackier method would be to use a tick-handler and examine entities near players, and remove/reset their AI target.

There may well be other methods as well, as this is not something that I've looked into very much.

Edit:  these are methods that should work fine with vanilla entities.  Handling mod entities will be hit-and miss depending upon whether they call the appropriate events and/or use the vanilla AI system.

Can you please give me code how to use those methods to stop vanilla zombies from attacking the player. I would greatly appreciate that.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

zombie.targetTasks.removeTask(zombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1));

Let me know if it works, I didn't test it.  You'll have an issue if it is supposed to be a "toggle" as the EntityZombie constructor code puts it into the array second, and if you add it back with zombie.targetTasks.addTask(2, new EntityAINearestAttackableTarget(zombie, EntityPlayer.class, 0, true)); it will be third.  Adapt accordingly.

Giving me errors in Eclipse.

EntityZombie.targetTasks.removeTask(EntityZombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1));

Errors:

Multiple markers at this line

- Cannot make a static reference to the non-static field

EntityZombie.targetTasks

- Cannot make a static reference to the non-static field

EntityZombie.targetTasks

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Yeah, I missed that they weren't static...makes it a lot harder for me to test them now too...you'll have to get your item's right click target entity, check if it's a zombie, then run the code from my edit on the casted entity.

public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack itemStack,EntityPlayer player,EntityLivingBase target) {
	if (target.worldObj.isRemote) return false;

if (target instanceof EntityZombie && 
			((EntityZombie) target).targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1) instanceof EntityAINearestAttackableTarget)
	{
		((EntityZombie) target).targetTasks.removeTask((EntityAINearestAttackableTarget)((EntityZombie) target).targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1));
	}

return false;
}

Third time's the charm.  I actually tested it this time.

@Override
public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack itemStack,EntityPlayer player,EntityLivingBase target) {
	player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("Activated."));

// Run locally only

player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("Testing for EntityZombie."));
	if (target instanceof EntityZombie)
	{
		player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("EntityZombie, testing task."));
		EntityZombie zombie = (EntityZombie) target;
		EntityAITaskEntry task = (EntityAITaskEntry) zombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1);
		if (task.action instanceof EntityAINearestAttackableTarget)
		{
			player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("Task."));
			player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("Removing."));
			zombie.targetTasks.removeTask(task.action);

player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("Tamed."));
		}
	}

return false;
}

That will still allow a "tamed" zombie to attack villagers after the first right-click.  After the second right-click, they won't attack villagers either.  Cast the task.action and check the targetClass property against EntityPlayer.class to change this.  Sorry for the screwups, still a newb to this and this was actually my first dive into the AI.

It worked until this error came.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// My bad.

Time: 1/16/14 3:42 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at rotten_flesh_mod.RottenFleshWandZombieTamer.itemInteractionForEntity(RottenFleshWandZombieTamer.java:29)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_111282_a(ItemStack.java:421)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.interactWith(EntityPlayer.java:1257)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.handleUseEntity(NetServerHandler.java:846)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet7UseEntity.processPacket(Packet7UseEntity.java:36)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.processReadPackets(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.networkTick(NetServerHandler.java:141)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.networkTick(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.networkTick(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:583)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at rotten_flesh_mod.RottenFleshWandZombieTamer.itemInteractionForEntity(RottenFleshWandZombieTamer.java:29)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_111282_a(ItemStack.java:421)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.interactWith(EntityPlayer.java:1257)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.handleUseEntity(NetServerHandler.java:846)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet7UseEntity.processPacket(Packet7UseEntity.java:36)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.processReadPackets(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.networkTick(NetServerHandler.java:141)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler@a88cdff
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.networkTick(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.networkTick(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:583)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 211564048 bytes (201 MB) / 562561024 bytes (536 MB) up to 1301282816 bytes (1241 MB)
JVM Flags: 0 total; 
AABB Pool Size: 1937 (108472 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1682 (94192 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 3, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63
FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.99.19.964 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.964 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{6.99.19.964} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.964-mcp.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{9.11.1.964} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.964-mcp.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
examplemod{1.0} [Example Mod] (bin) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
rotten_flesh_mod{1.3} [Rotten Flesh Mod] (bin) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 765 (42840 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 433 (24248 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['Player343'/282, l='Test World', x=-38.45, y=63.79, z=12.70]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Note: For some reason this error just comes up at random and crashed the game.

This was my code orignally

public class RottenFleshWandZombieTamer extends Item{

public RottenFleshWandZombieTamer(int par1) {
	super(par1);
}
@Override

// Run locally only

{
		player.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText("EntityZombie, testing task."));
		EntityAITaskEntry task = (EntityAITaskEntry) zombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.get(1);
			{

}
		}

}else{
		return false;
	}

return false;
}
}

I changed it to this:

public class RottenFleshWandZombieTamer extends Item{

public RottenFleshWandZombieTamer(int par1) {
	super(par1);
}
@Override

// Run locally only

{
		if (zombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.size()!=0){
			{

}
		}

}else{
		return false;
	}

return false;
}
}

It still doesn't work and gives me the same error.

Please Help!!!

It's happening on the third click after the tasks targeting players and villagers have both been removed.  At that point, you only have one item left in the targetTasks list, and it's at index 0.  If you change your conditional to:

if (zombie.targetTasks.taskEntries.size() > 1){

Then it won't try to remove the task at index 1 when it doesn't exist.