Exception Connecting:IllegalReferenceCountException : refCnt: 0 @ io.netty.buffe

pafur1501

When I try to join a BoungeeCord Server came these error in the chat: Exception Connecting:IllegalReferenceCountException (Exsample Blitz Survival Games on Hypixel) Without Forge it works. Pls fix it!

A Part of the Log:

[14:44:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome pafur1501, to the Hypixel Lobby! For news and help, please read the book in your inventory.

Now I try to join BlitzSurvivalGames:

[14:44:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Exception Connecting:IllegalReferenceCountException : refCnt: 0 @ io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf:1173

Here's the latest.log:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/6bo3vusmm7b5gt3

PS: I have the latest Forge version :P

I too, am having this issue. To make it a little more clear, let me tell you the steps that reproduce this issue:

1. I log into a popular server, like the Hypixel Network, or Hive MC.

2. When I try to use one of those compass GUI's, (you know, the ones that open up a chest GUI, with different icons/items you can click on, and you'll be teleported there?)

2.5 This is when I get that issue.

3. Same happens when I try to use a sign to join a server/game.

Ya we're looking into it, but apparently Hypixel uses a highly modified version of BungeeCord which derps over the entire connection.

Not exactly sure how vanilla even works on it.

Combined with it trying to send the 1.6 handshake for FML.. on 1.7..

Hypixel is officially unsupported by the BungeeCord team, we may have to do the same until we can open a dialog to speak with them and get a text environment to figure things out.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ya we're looking into it, but apparently Hypixel uses a highly modified version of BungeeCord which derps over the entire connection.

Not exactly sure how vanilla even works on it.

Combined with it trying to send the 1.6 handshake for FML.. on 1.7..

Hypixel is officially unsupported by the BungeeCord team, we may have to do the same until we can open a dialog to speak with them and get a text environment to figure things out.

Though it seems like it's just about every BungeeCord server. (Hypixel, Hive, Mineplex)?

Yeah, that's a problem on the server end. I'm lead network dev for Hypixel and we're looking into this problem. Looks to be a byte buffer that's reused by BungeeCord's Forge protocol but is accidentally being released by the 1.7+1.6 hack. Should have a fix out soon. Dunno about other networks that are using the same system, though.