[1.6.4-1.11]] Doomlike Dungeons [SSP/SMP]

JaredBGreat

This mod will add dungeons meant to resemble levels from retro "2 1/2d" fisrt-person shooters and rpgs, and was inspired by earlier dungeons mods and by Oblige (especially version 3.57), a random level generator for Doom. The goal is to create interesting, tactically challenging, and highly varied multi-room dungeons that are fun to explore and rewarding to conquer.

Are you tired of "dungeons" that consist of only one room? Ok, there are plenty of multi-room dungeon and structures orients mods out there already, but why not one more?  This mod was inspired by the Oblige(http://oblige.sourceforge.net/), the best done level generator for such classic FPS games as Doom, Heretic, and Hexen, and is here to bring similar dungeon generation to Minecraft.  This has not been fully realized so far, but its actually reasonably close now considering just how different those game really are from Minecraft.  This mod also allows blocks, mobs, and items from other mobs to be used in the dungeons, while keeping to vanilla ones by default (should be compatible with practically everything).

The mod has been plagued with several bugs in the past, but I think I've fixed them, at least the big ones.  The mod will also enchant some items.  Further plans may include possibly adding some more alternate romm generators and possibly trying to make the dungeons generate per chunk instead of all at once.

For simplicity, I'm putting a  link to the Minecraft Forums page here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293843-doomlike-dungeons

Source code is at:

https://github.com/BlackJar72/DoomlikeDungeons

Download links can be found there.

Liscense:

Doomlike Dungeons by JaredBGreat (aka, BlackJar72) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.

can you make a dungeon with, like, a mini boss in it or something. I'm not good enough to beat the wither solo, but mobs are too easy

Communication is a vital tool, in the game industry you won't go anywhere without it. People are either going to learn to talk, or move on.

This is my first mod and I'm making some n00b mistakes dealing with Mediafire, Adfly, Forge Forums, and Curse / Minecraft Forums.  Appologies.

can you make a dungeon with, like, a mini boss in it or something. I'm not good enough to beat the wither solo, but mobs are too easy

Well, I forgot to update this page when I changed version.  After several version in a short time I deleted some of the earliest.  The links on MinecraftForum should work now.

Maybe, but I was hoping to keep it to vanilla mobs (and blocks, and items) so it could be used either as a client or a server-only mod and have a way to for users to add blocks, items, and mobs from other mods.  Also, right now I'm focusing on the basics, like limiting to definable dimension, the loot, theming, and controlling where dungeons spawn -- not to mension how to update for 1.7, hopefully before 1.8 is out if possible.  Perhaps I could look into finding a way to beef up the mobs spawning in the non-entrance hub-rooms.

This does make good feedback though -- I'm not sure whether they are too easy, too hard, or just about right (depends a lot on what how good you are and what gear you go in with though, I guess).  I wish I had more opinions on thing like the challenge level to decide if its going in the right direction.

If I get the theme configs working it might especially appropriate to mix it with Lycanite's mobs (via theming configs), or maybe Dungeon mobs.  I've also though of having mobs ranked more by difficulty -- right now they are just "common" or "hard" and the "hard" class is only 10% of the spawner plus an extra one at the destination hubs.

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...