Items unable to move/disppearing

bigbaddevil6

The problem is I recently been making a furnace and I went to test the progress and the GUI background, loads all the slots, but as soon as i go to move anything in that GUI whether it be in the inventory or the furnace itself it wont move. The item you click on will attempt to move but then go back to the slot it was in. Sometimes the items will disappear. Items can be inserted into the furnace through hoppers and be pulled out, the furnace will also update from idle to active, but nothing will show up in the GUI. I do not get any errors in the developer console and I've check my code against the code from the vanilla furnace but it all seems fine from what I can see. The only way i can move items is if i use the middle mouse button from creative but again they wont update in the furnace.

Alright I put the in pastebin so you can have the all the syntax highlighting was unsure if this could do it.

This is the drawing of the Gui http://pastebin.com/LPTur6k3

This is the Gui Container http://pastebin.com/Dc2C4V0x

Neither one is completely finish i still need to do a lot more, but to my knowledge it should work enough to test.

wait which method? This is the first time I've done a Gui for with Minecraft, plus I've been staring at this for too long today. I'm going to bed after I send this so tomorrow I can focus better, but if you would be kind to show me which method I messed up on, cause I'm following this little tutorial and I can't see where I've strayed from. Thanks for your help! Makes stuff like this that much less of a pain in the ass.

So I think I have may found what you are talking about. It is different from the vanilla code.

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer player, int side, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ){
                if(!world.isRemote){
                        FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(player, ScratchForFun.instance, ScratchForFun.guiIdQuartzFurnace, world, x, y, z);
                }

return true;
        }

This doesn't have an else statement like the vanilla code does. The full code for the block is here. http://pastebin.com/tkKAhe37

Just in case here is the GUI Handler http://pastebin.com/c9y9sdmq

Can you post the GuiHandler class? Maybe there's something wrong there.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Yea I thought i followed everything perfectly but for some reason when i go to use it, it does that. I don't get errors at all and the person showed it working fine for him. the only thing i see different between vanilla furnace and mine is my onBlockActivated

This is mine.

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer player, int side, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ){
	if(!world.isRemote){
		FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(player, ScratchForFun.instance, ScratchForFun.guiIdQuartzFurnace, world, x, y, z);
	}

return true;
}

This is vanilla's

public boolean onBlockActivated(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, EntityPlayer par5EntityPlayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9)
    {
        if (par1World.isRemote)
        {
            return true;
        }
        else
        {
            TileEntityFurnace tileentityfurnace = (TileEntityFurnace)par1World.getBlockTileEntity(par2, par3, par4);

if (tileentityfurnace != null)
            {
                par5EntityPlayer.displayGUIFurnace(tileentityfurnace);
            }

return true;
        }
    }

But what puzzles me is that it should work the way i have it so makes me think that it can't be the problem so I don't know where to look.