[1.7.2][UNSOLVED] Container - Basic Issue

kenbeannet

Having an issue with my MarketContainer.  When I open the GUI items are shifted 3 to the left.  If I have something in Hot bar slot 0, and I open the GUI.  The item is in my inventory, 3rd row, Slot 7.  Way off.  If I open my real inventory (e), its now moved from my hotbar.  I have no idea whats going on, tried IRC, no luck.  Code Git is below.

https://github.com/KenBeanNet/SimCraft/tree/master/java/mods/simcraft

Given that your chest inventory size is 6:

//merges the item into player inventory since its in the tileEntity
                if (slot < 6) {
                        if (!this.mergeItemStack(stackInSlot, 9, 45, true)) {//should be 6 and 42
                                return null;
                        }
                }
                //places it into the tileEntity is possible since its in the player inventory
                else if (!this.mergeItemStack(stackInSlot, 0, 9, false)) {//should be 6 instead of 9
                        return null;
                }

Goto,

While I agree that your findings are correct, that did not solve my issue.  There is still some bug existing that when I put items on my hot bar (Slots 0 and 1) then open the container, they appear in the bottom right of my inventory (Slots like 25 and 26).  Then if I open my inventory again, I get a duplicate item. 

My GUI only has 6 slots, and my Container code only has 6 slots.  Yet, if I put 6 as my size, I get out of array index.  Which I think is leading me to the source of the problem, but still unsure.

If you have a array which has 6 thingys, it ranges from 0-5. So if you do something like this: YOUR_ARRAY[6], it will try to find slot 7 but that doesn't exist. So that's why you get a ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Can you post the full crash log? Then i can figure out where the problem occurs

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

12:45:52] [server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking memory connection

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.networkTick(NetworkSystem.java:206) ~[NetworkSystem.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:762) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:650) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:120) ~[integratedServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:528) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:787) [MinecraftServer$2.class:?]

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6

at mods.simcraft.tileentity.MarketTileEntity.getStackInSlot(MarketTileEntity.java:33) ~[MarketTileEntity.class:?]

at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.getStack(Slot.java:98) ~[slot.class:?]

at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.getInventory(Container.java:73) ~[Container.class:?]

at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.addCraftingToCrafters(Container.java:59) ~[Container.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(FMLNetworkHandler.java:88) ~[FMLNetworkHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:2476) ~[EntityPlayer.class:?]

at mods.simcraft.blocks.MarketBlock.onBlockActivated(MarketBlock.java:37) ~[MarketBlock.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.activateBlockOrUseItem(ItemInWorldManager.java:411) ~[itemInWorldManager.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processPlayerBlockPlacement(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:596) ~[NetHandlerPlayServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.processPacket(C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.java:74) ~[C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.processPacket(C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.java:122) ~[C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.processReceivedPackets(NetworkManager.java:242) ~[NetworkManager.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.networkTick(NetworkSystem.java:190) ~[NetworkSystem.class:?]

... 5 more

Line 33 in MarketTile is return chestContents[var1];

The only thing i can think of, is that you look through all of your classes related to the market, and look for something that looks for chestContents[6] and change it to chestContents[5].

Can you post a screenshot? I don't exactly know what you mean.

Eh.  Just put something in the main bar slot 0.  Open the container.  The item is now no longer in slot 0, its in slot like 33 (last row in your inventory, 3rd from the right side).  Somehow it gets the wrong number and throws it off completely.  Then you close your inventory, log out and in, and its back in the correct spot.  Its only like changing it on the clientside, not server.

Still having issue.  My code can be gotten on https://github.com/KenBeanNet/SimCraft/tree/master/java/mods/simcraft.

To recap,  The container is not function correctly.  When I open the container, items are in the wrong positions.  Its like the code for displaying from the inventory is incorrect, but its copied and pasted from the original minecraft code.

Any help, I appreciate.

Part of your problem is that the slot indices you are using for your chest inventory are messed up; they should start at zero and increment by 1 each iteration, just like the vanilla player inventory. Take a look:

for (int chestRow = 0; chestRow < 2; chestRow++) { // iterates from 0 to 1, we'll label this 'a'
for (int chestCol = 0; chestCol < 3; chestCol++) { // iterates from 0 to 2, we'll label this 'b'
// values of your indices (b + a * 2) for a = 0, b = (0 to 2) are 0, 1, 2
// values of your indices (b + a * 2) for a = 1, b = (0 to 2) are 2, 3, 4
addSlotToContainer(new Slot(chestInventory, chestCol + chestRow * 2, 12 + chestCol * 18, 8 + chestRow * 18));
}
}

for (int y = 0; y < rows; y++) {
for (int x = 0; x < cols; x++) {
// these start at 9 (0 + 1 * 9), go up to 17 (8 + 1 * 9), move to the next row at 18 (0 + 2 * 9), etc.
// meaning the player inventory slots are indices 9-35 (inclusive, so 27 slots)
addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInventory, x + (y + 1) * cols, 133 + x * 18, 122 + y * 18));
}
}
// why does it start at 9? the action bar takes slots 0-8:
for (int x = 0; x < cols; x++) {
addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInventory, x, 133 + x * 18, 179));
}

EDIT: Furthermore, looking at your TileEntity, you never use markDirty() when the inventory changes. I use it in the following two methods for my TileEntity-based inventories:

@Override
public ItemStack decrStackSize(int slot, int amount) {
ItemStack stack = getStackInSlot(slot);
if (stack != null) {
if(stack.stackSize > amount) {
stack = stack.splitStack(amount);
markDirty();
} else {
setInventorySlotContents(slot, null);
}
}
return stack;
}

@Override
public void setInventorySlotContents(int slot, ItemStack itemstack) {
inventory[slot] = itemstack;
if (itemstack != null && itemstack.stackSize > getInventoryStackLimit()) {
itemstack.stackSize = getInventoryStackLimit();
}
markDirty();
}

Cool,

Let me first say thank you for at least investigating.  I spent hour and hours on this stupid bug.  I am starting to think its packet related somehow.  I just made the changes you suggested.  I am still having the issue.

I put items in Slots 0, 1, 2 (Hotbar).  When I open the container, they appear in slot 33,34,35 (last slots in inventory).  It appears to be moving them backwards somehow.  Yet,  When I click slot 0, the item disappears but does not appear in my hand. If I click slot 33, 34, or 35, nothing happens.  Any thoughts?

new code

protected void bindPlayerInventory(IInventory playerInventory, IInventory chestInventory)
    {
    	for (int j = 0; j < 2; ++j)
        {
            for (int k = 0; k < 3; ++k)
            {
                this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(chestInventory, k + j * 3, 8 + k * 18, 18 + j * 18));
            }
        }

for (int j = 0; j < 3; ++j)
        {
            for (int k = 0; k < 9; ++k)
            {
                this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInventory, k + j * 9 + 9, 133 + k * 18, 122 + j * 18));
            }
        }

for (int j = 0; j < 9; ++j)
        {
            this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInventory, j, 133 + j * 18, 179));
        }
    }

There shouldn't be any packets involved at all, at least not that you need to worry about. IInventory-Container-GuiContainer are a slick package that handle everything you need internally, for the most part.

Have you tried using the standard gui positions for the player inventory? Your slot positions are way off, probably off the screen:

// Main, yours: 133 + k * 18, 122 + j * 18

// Main, mine: 8 + k * 18, 84 + j * 18

// Action bar, yours: 133 + j * 18, 179

// Action bar, mine: 8 + j * 18, 142

Maybe your processing the Slots on the Gui Image displayed?  Not sure if this is the root of my problem though.  Just by changing the cordinates shouldn't really change where the items appear.

The key is, when I open the inventory the real way (e), my items are moved to the new place where they appear in the custom made container.  So the items are defiantly moving.

I am thinking that something I do when the player logs in, is throwing off the Inventory and in turn messing with the custom container.  I mean, if we think about it, this is a very BASIC thing.  And its becoming such a major issue.

Still trying for a solution.  Something must be throwing it off, and I really think its NOT with the container.  It has to do with networking (Offset Packets).  Maybe I am writing a Int and only reading a short (I did check though).  Maybe I am not registering the GUI correctly?  Not returning the correct information somewhere?  I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...