Generate Dimension from map

Microcellule

Well, sorry  to disturb you guys , but I really need some help !

I want to know if it is possible to create a dimension  from a map. Actually, i created my first dimension only with Three layer of block, and structure are built with events.

It's working, but pc work Hard to do this job (Freeze time before the strucutre spawn... It's normal too, my structures are verry massive).

So , to prevent the player loading lots of stuff and freeze, i'm asking you if it is possible to generate a Dimension from a custom created map.

Oh yes , my Dimension will be the same in any world. It 's a special dimension so Only One map is needed.

I hope you will understand what i have in mind ...^^'

So , i already say "Thank you" for your future answers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible. But it's a lot of work and planning. I can't tell you how, though. I'd probably start with where your map is, and in what format, and how to read it, then setting up a dimension and biome, then using your decoded map info, build some terrain and decoration.

You may run into computer permission problems, but you may be able to distribute the world in the mod file and then move it the saves folder in the world that was just created.(may increase world generation time when the world is initially made). The least complicated way I could think of doing something like this.

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

That would work, at least so far as the terrain has already been generated and saved in the worldsave. It may do weird things when you get to parts of the map that have not been generated yet though.