[1.7.2] Adding data to a world save?

heaton84

You would have to change the net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader class methods that read and write to NBT.

You would have to change the net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader class methods that read and write to NBT.

I'm trying to avoid that by using Forge events. I'm not afraid to revert to ASM if Forge can't do what I need to. Right now, I've added the following to my DummyModContainer and it isn't working:

@Subscribe	
public void Load(ChunkDataEvent event)
{
	NBTTagCompound data = event.getData();
	Chunk chunk = event.getChunk();

FMLLog.info("$$$ Load event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);
}

@Subscribe	
public void Save(ChunkDataEvent event)
{

FMLLog.info("$$$ Save event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);

}

I've also tried @EventHandler in place of @Subscribe, still no go. Event documentation is pretty sketchy from what I can tell... the wiki says it's from Forge 6... there's no clear explanation to me on what descriptor an event handler should use, and how forge decides what event type to hook into.

Ok, I halfway got it. Event code is:

@SubscribeEvent	
public void LoadChunk(ChunkDataEvent event)
{

//TODO: Inject RGB nibble arrays
	//FMLLog.info("$$$ Load event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);
}

@SubscribeEvent	
public void SaveChunk(ChunkDataEvent event)
{

//FMLLog.info("$$$ Save event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);

}	

The problem is, this ONLY works if the class has the @Mod annotation. This conflicts with the coremod style of the DummyModContainer. As a result, I have TWO mods listed (I must change the ModId in @Mod, otherwise Forge blows up with a duplicate mod error).

Is there any way to get this to work inside DummyModContainer?

Wow, I am stabbing at the dark here. What's up with this error? It works despite it.

[23:58:01] [Client thread/ERROR]: Unable to determine registrant mod for coloredlightscore. This is a critical error and should be impossible

java.lang.Throwable

at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.register(EventBus.java:42) [EventBus.class:?]

at kovukore.coloredlights.src.asm.ColoredLightsCoreDummyContainer.registerBus(ColoredLightsCoreDummyContainer.java:44) [ColoredLightsCoreDummyContainer.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.InjectedModContainer.registerBus(InjectedModContainer.java:106) [injectedModContainer.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.buildModList(LoadController.java:95) [LoadController.class:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74) [guava-15.0.jar:?]

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:47) [guava-15.0.jar:?]

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314) [guava-15.0.jar:?]

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296) [guava-15.0.jar:?]

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267) [guava-15.0.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:287) [LoadController.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:463) [Loader.class:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:201) [FMLClientHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:564) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:934) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:112) [Main.class:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]

DummyModContainer code:

package kovukore.coloredlights.src.asm;

import java.util.Arrays;

import yamhaven.easycoloredlights.EasyColoredLights;
import yamhaven.easycoloredlights.blocks.CLBlocksController;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound;
import net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk;
import net.minecraftforge.common.MinecraftForge;
import net.minecraftforge.event.world.ChunkDataEvent;

import com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus;
import com.google.common.eventbus.Subscribe;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.DummyModContainer;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLLog;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.ModMetadata;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent;

public class ColoredLightsCoreDummyContainer extends DummyModContainer
{
public ColoredLightsCoreDummyContainer()
{
	super(new ModMetadata());
	ModMetadata meta = getMetadata();
	meta.modId = "coloredlightscore";
	meta.name = "Colored Lights Core";
	meta.version = "1.0.1";
	meta.credits = "";
	meta.authorList = Arrays.asList("AJWGeek", "Kovu", "CptSpaceToaster", "heaton84");
	meta.description = "The coremod for Colored Lights";
}

@Override
    public boolean registerBus(EventBus bus, LoadController controller)
    {
    	bus.register(this);
    	MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this);

return true;
    }	

@Subscribe
    public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent evt) {
    	FMLLog.info("EVENT_BUS.preInit");
    }

@SubscribeEvent	
public void LoadChunk(ChunkDataEvent event)
{

FMLLog.info("$$$ Load event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);
}

@SubscribeEvent	
public void SaveChunk(ChunkDataEvent event)
{

FMLLog.info("$$$ Save event (%s, %s)", chunk.xPosition, chunk.zPosition);

}	
}

Interesting that you decided to register on the MinecraftForge eventbus, rather than the LoadController eventbus that was passed to your register function. Also, the registration code for event busses has to determine the modid to use for events (in order to properly set the thread context). Yet, it still works you say?

Hi

I would have said you need something like this

In your postInit:

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new ChunkDataEventHandler());

and a separate class:

public class ChunkDataEventHandler {

@SubscribeEvent
  public void loading(ChunkDataEvent.Load event)
  {
    // read your stuff out of the event.data NBT and put into event.getChunk()
    return;
  }

@SubscribeEvent
  public void saving(ChunkDataEvent.Save event)
  {
    // read your stuff out of the event.getChunk() and put into event.data NBT 
    return;
  }
}

The two things I'd suggest are using .Load and .Save, and creating a handler dedicated to this (i.e. like ChunkDataEventHandler above) which doesn't have any other methods in it.  Once that works it's probably safe to add stuff back in.

-TGG

@sequituri

Interesting that you decided to register on the MinecraftForge eventbus, rather than the LoadController eventbus that was passed to your register function. Also, the registration code for event busses has to determine the modid to use for events (in order to properly set the thread context). Yet, it still works you say?

Chunk events are not passed on that event bus. For some reason, Forge 10 has multiple event busses... you have to use the right one.

@TheGreyGhost

The root problem seems to be that the LoadController is looking for the @Mod annotation, which is fine if you're making a normal mod. This is a coremod. Adding a @Mod annotation results in either 1) Forge crashing and burning if you use the same Mod ID, or 2) multiple mods being registered if you use a different ID.

It seems really dumb to me that I'd have to maintain "two" mods when it's all the same function. Is ModDummyContainer deprecated, or somehow different in 1.7.x?

I know I can't be of much help, but I've been reading through and trying to understand the whole Loader to ModContainer to Mod system for a few days now. Suffice it to say, I cannot figure out how to select the specific ModContainer (factory method or otherwise) that will wrap your mod. At least you now have a mod container. That is farther than I got. I really wish the mcmod.info or something would let you specify a specific ModContainer class.

I know I can't be of much help, but I've been reading through and trying to understand the whole Loader to ModContainer to Mod system for a few days now. Suffice it to say, I cannot figure out how to select the specific ModContainer (factory method or otherwise) that will wrap your mod. At least you now have a mod container. That is farther than I got. I really wish the mcmod.info or something would let you specify a specific ModContainer class.

I just followed the tutorial at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1854988-tutorial-162-changing-vanilla-without-editing-base-classes-coremods-and-events-very-advanced/ for the whole DummyModContainer thing.