Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing Biome's Grass Color

How does one change the color of a biome's grass?

I'm using the setColor method, but it's not affecting anything (it sets the grass to a purple color, but it looks like the plains biome color).

Code:

package realmoffera.world.biome;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeGenBase;

public class BiomeGenDreamRealmRF extends BiomeGenBase {
public BiomeGenDreamRealmRF(int par1) {
	super(par1);
	this.setColor(0x7F007F);
	this.setBiomeName("biome.dreamRealm.name");
	this.setTemperatureRainfall(0.8F, 0.4F);
	this.setHeight(height_LowPlains);
	this.theBiomeDecorator.treesPerChunk = -999;
	this.theBiomeDecorator.flowersPerChunk = -999;
	this.theBiomeDecorator.grassPerChunk = -999;
	this.flowers.clear();
}

public void decorate(World par1World, Random par2Random, int par3, int par4) {
	super.decorate(par1World, par2Random, par3, par4);
}

public BiomeGenBase createMutation() {
	return null;
}
}

Kain

I don't know if this will help you, but I know that minecraft passes biome based foliage color through a png file in order to get it's color. The file is just a square with varying green shades. Each biome grabs it's color from one section of this square, and so all foliage ends up with some sort of green tint. Maybe this is why you still get a green color? I was able to change birch foliage color in my own texturepack by making my own png file and making a blue copy of the green foliage file to get a nice blue tint instead. This only works with the HDPatcher to enable it, but maybe something in my description will give you a clue as to how to fix your problem? Maybe make a custom biome coloring file and call on your own custom foliage png file.

• 3 years later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• When does shadowJar run? I thought it runs at the same time the jar task runs, which is before reobfJar. I need it to run after reobfJar.
    • You should probably use the Shadow plugin.
    • Hi, I am trying to get HikariCP bundled with my mod as a one fat jar. But there is a problem where HikariCP causes reobfJar to fail with InvalidArgumentException, and I'm not sure why. Here is my gradle code right now (I left out a lot of stuff which I don't think matters):   configurations { embed } dependencies { minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.1.0' embed group: 'com.zaxxer', name: 'HikariCP', version: '4.0.3' compileOnly group: 'com.ea.async', name: 'ea-async', version: '1.2.3' } jar { from configurations.embed.collect{ it.isDirectory() ? it : zipTree(it) } manifest { attributes([ "Specification-Title": "examplemod", "Specification-Vendor": "examplemodsareus", "Specification-Version": "1", // We are version 1 of ourselves "Implementation-Title": project.name, "Implementation-Version": "${version}", "Implementation-Vendor" :"examplemodsareus", "Implementation-Timestamp": new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ") ]) } } jar.finalizedBy('reobfJar')   As I understand, this is the current order of events: `jar` task to run, which will bundle all the dependencies marked with `embed`, which will create the fat jar `reobfJar` will run on that fat jar. Would I would like to do instead is this order of events: `jar` task to run, but no fat jar is created at this time. `reobfJar` will run on the output of `jar`. A new task runs, which will take the output of `reobfJar` and combine it with the dependencies marked with `embed` to create the one fat jar   I think the code would look something like this:   jar { manifest { attributes([ "Specification-Title": "examplemod", "Specification-Vendor": "examplemodsareus", "Specification-Version": "1", // We are version 1 of ourselves "Implementation-Title": project.name, "Implementation-Version": "${version}", "Implementation-Vendor" :"examplemodsareus", "Implementation-Timestamp": new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ") ]) } } jar.finalizedBy('reobfJar') task bundle(type: Jar) { manifest { attributes 'Main-Class': 'com.gluecode.fpvdrone.server.Main' } from "build/libs/modid-1.0.jar" from configurations.embed.collect{ it.isDirectory() ? it : zipTree(it) } } The problems I have with the above is: I have to run `./gradlew bundle` after running `./gradlew buildNeeded`. And I'd like to just run 1 command. It doesn't work because it results in an invalid mod jar. I'm am still learning gradle. Can anyone help me?
    • You need to make your own modifier with its own ID (otherwise Minecraft will ignore you and consider the two modifiers the same). Then add your own modifier on top of the vanilla modifier.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.