FML and Hamachi

tonnesti

So, I've been trying to set up a LAN server over Hamachi with FML and some mods, so that my buddy and I can play.

Thing is, whenever I inject FML 4.0.0.240 and open up LAN, the IP address is my router's; 192.168 and so on. Without FML, the IP address is that of Hamachi; 5. and so on.

Why does FML do this, and what can I do to keep it at Hamachi's IP?

I'd advise against bumping your thread here. You'll usually get a slap on the wrist or something similar. I'm no moderator or anything, just friendly advice. :P

Anyways, I thought the point of LAN servers in Minecraft was to eliminate the need for Hamachi when people were just using the same connection/IP? I've only ever used Hamachi for non-LAN servers.

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

Well, I can't use the server software, since it'll eat too much RAM and make my game and server too unstable.

The integration of single-player and LAN was something I've longed for, since it'll allow the usage of more mods for my friend and I. Thing is, when FML is injected, the IP changes which makes it impossible for my friend to join my server through both normal IP and Hamachi's IP.

Backdate a few versions if you really really hate it

However, this DOES NOT stop you from using the external IP, you just need to forward your ports properly.

cpw made it pick the first non-localhost port so that it would try to pick your external IP.

Meaning the 99% who don't use hamachi would actually be able to work if they forwarded there ports properly.

We are re-designing how this is done to fix MC's stupidity of only listening on your local connection.

However, that wont come for a few days. So in the mean time you can back data a version or two, or you can set your hamachi to higher priority then your lan connection {in your network settings google it}

Or, you can forward your ports properly and have people connect just fine.

Also posting privs revoked for 24 hours due to bumping and failure to search.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon