BTW Builds

its a wonderful mod, and I'm sure most people would agree, flowerchild well.... acts childish.... lets put it that way

what i do love about the mod is as equal to what i don't like about it, so for the sake of time ill just say what items from the mod i feel are more necessary then others

anchor

anvil (alternative recipe if it were possible since i only use one)

axles

bellows

belt

block dispensers (alternative recipe if it was possible minus the soul urns)

crucible (alternative recipe were possible since i only use one)

detector block

dung

fabric (only to make a windmill)

filament

gearboxes

glue (for making the water wheel only, never needed sticky pistons since there are block dispenser's)

hand crank

hemp

hemp fiber

hibachi

hoppers

leather (scoured and tanned leather)

millstones

platform

pulley

redstone eye (if there was an alternative recipe since lapis is hard to find)

rope

sail

saw

stewing pot

water wheels

windmills

wooden blades

all the other features for all i care could be scrapped, either because i don't use them or simply for the fact i feel they are a little overboard and slowly kill the mod

if someone is willing to take the time to teach me how to mod, im sure i can pull those particular files out of the mod for my own personal use and get it to work with the other 2 mods i am using

BTW FULLY 100% AUTOMATIC COW BREEDING/HARVESTING MACHINE

this machine grows, harvests, re-plants its own wheat, feeds cattle every 5minutes and 30 seconds, sorts the calves from the cattle, and collects their leather and beef, it has overflow sensors to shut down 25%, 50%,75%,or even the entire factory without any user interface

warning lots of images (currently cattle breeding step, working on more discriptions for more photos, press http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/spartanwolf2/auto%20minecraft%20machine/ to see full album)

2012-04-22_193410-1.jpg

2012-04-22_193420-1.jpg

2012-04-22_193456-1.jpg

2012-04-22_193443-1.jpg

2012-04-22_193611-1.jpg

its a wonderful mod, and I'm sure most people would agree, flowerchild well.... acts childish.... lets put it that way

what i do love about the mod is as equal to what i don't like about it, so for the sake of time ill just say what items from the mod i feel are more necessary then others

anchor

anvil (alternative recipe if it were possible since i only use one)

axles

bellows

belt

block dispensers (alternative recipe if it was possible minus the soul urns)

crucible (alternative recipe were possible since i only use one)

detector block

dung

fabric (only to make a windmill)

filament

gearboxes

glue (for making the water wheel only, never needed sticky pistons since there are block dispenser's)

hand crank

hemp

hemp fiber

hibachi

hoppers

leather (scoured and tanned leather)

millstones

platform

pulley

redstone eye (if there was an alternative recipe since lapis is hard to find)

rope

sail

saw

stewing pot

water wheels

windmills

wooden blades

all the other features for all i care could be scrapped, either because i don't use them or simply for the fact i feel they are a little overboard and slowly kill the mod

if someone is willing to take the time to teach me how to mod, im sure i can pull those particular files out of the mod for my own personal use and get it to work with the other 2 mods i am using

Well of mods that I have seen:

Anvil:  A variety of mods have alternate crafting tables like BTW's anvil.

Axles:  I know of one mod that has a mechanical system that rivals BTW, but it does it well

Bellows:  A couple of mods, but for different purposes than BTW.

Belt:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Block Dispensers:  RedPower2 or BuildCraft Addons.

Crucible:  Interesting idea for forging, not seen another mod do it yet

Detector Block:  A few mods out there

Dung:  I have seen another mod that uses this for tanning as well

Fabric:  A couple of mods out there

Filament:  A crafting part for hibachi's and lights, RedPower2 has replacements

Gearboxes:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Glue:  I have seen another mod that has this

Hand Crank:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above, though it is not a single block level kind of thing, it is 'bigger'.

Hibachi:  A variety of mods out there (RedPower2 has a good one).

Hoppers:  It is a unique style of water transportation, only seen one other mod do things like it, though slightly different.

Leather:  Same as the dung mod above.

Millstones:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Platform:  RedPower2 frames are far superior, though more costly

Pulley:  Used for moving platforms, RP2's frames are moved by far more expensive motors, similar, but not 'rope' based, plus it can move in any direction.

Redstone Eye:  This is just a crafting part for various blocks, of which are covered by various other mosd.

Rope:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Sail:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Saw:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Stewing Pot:  A few mods out there.

Water Wheels:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Windmills:  Same mechanical mod as mentioned above.

Wooden Blades:  Are just a crafting part for the water wheel, so yes above.

So from what I gather,  you seem to like the low-tech mechanical feel of it as well as a very in-game feel for the world and tiering, does that sound about right?

yes thats what im looking for,old school tech with new world power i.e. redpower wires

That mechanical mod that is being made that I know of is already mostly functional, but the author is planning to add a lot more before he releases anything.  It might work for you.  No clue on release date though.

ok, would it be forge compatible? because i have an idea for an auto cow breeder/killer, leather scouring/tanning, wolf feeder and dung collector, but the prototype i built with better than wolves is too..... HUGE its over 85 blocks tall, and thats without the wolf part and leather processing part, thats just with the better than wolves, not with the better than buildcraft addon, it breeds 8 cows, grows and replants its own seeds for wheat, and even has overflow detectors to shut down 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the factory, im working on building a smaller version that people can build for their worlds but i need a forge compatible version of better than wolves to get it to be smaller

ok, would it be forge compatible? because i have an idea for an auto cow breeder/killer, leather scouring/tanning, wolf feeder and dung collector, but the prototype i built with better than wolves is too..... HUGE its over 85 blocks tall, and thats without the wolf part and leather processing part, thats just with the better than wolves, not with the better than buildcraft addon, it breeds 8 cows, grows and replants its own seeds for wheat, and even has overflow detectors to shut down 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the factory, im working on building a smaller version that people can build for their worlds but i need a forge compatible version of better than wolves to get it to be smaller

It requires Forge yes, and another mod or two (it replaces a lot of crafting recipes for things of other mods with its own things).  85 blocks tall?  You never used BTW Pulleys?  Cows are pretty easy to breed in vanilla, and fully automated with a variety of mods.  BTW will not be forge compatible though, he made it clear that it will not be, he actively tries to prevent it to be (by taking parts of forge and renaming or removing them, hence not compatible at all).  The mechanical mod has different gameplay from BTW of course, but if you like mechanical systems you should like it.

if you would like a can make a new post with a world download so you can see how much i have done, i have it broken into 2 pieces and a 3rd piece as a demonstration

Meh, my MC is run in a certain setup that runs a server behind the client so even my single player worlds are run with server abilities (like other worlds keep working when I am not there), BTW does not support MP so I cannot use it.

A new topic in the general discussion area might be good though, pictures would be interesting.

Actually, let me split this topic and move that part over there.

if you would like a can make a new post with a world download so you can see how much i have done, i have it broken into 2 pieces and a 3rd piece as a demonstration

Meh, my MC is run in a certain setup that runs a server behind the client so even my single player worlds are run with server abilities (like other worlds keep working when I am not there), BTW does not support MP so I cannot use it.

A new topic in the general discussion area might be good though, pictures would be interesting.

Could you tell us about your MC setup

It is a bash script, it auto-mods everything from a definition in the filesystem, launches the server, launches the client, done.

The automodding is done every time, but not a big deal, with like 30 mods it takes like 5 seconds.

It is a bash script, it auto-mods everything from a definition in the filesystem, launches the server, launches the client, done.

The automodding is done every time, but not a big deal, with like 30 mods it takes like 5 seconds.

That sounds simple but what do you mean by auotmodding? do you mean installing the mods and resetting the configs?

That sounds simple but what do you mean by auotmodding? do you mean installing the mods and resetting the configs?

I have mc and the server in special locations, mods in various numbered subdirectories, it then unzips/zips everything back up properly based on numbered priority (with a 'Rest' directory for no care, most things go in here), and when zipped up it copies it into the play directory, then starts it.

I have mc and the server in special locations, mods in various numbered subdirectories, it then unzips/zips everything back up properly based on numbered priority (with a 'Rest' directory for no care, most things go in here), and when zipped up it copies it into the play directory, then starts it.

That is very cool and very impressive. think you can upload that bat file of yours so i can understand it on the code level. I've never seen a bat file that does more than launch an application. Also did you write this bat file so that you can switch between mods based on the world?

That is very cool and very impressive. think you can upload that bat file of yours so i can understand it on the code level. I've never seen a bat file that does more than launch an application. Also did you write this bat file so that you can switch between mods based on the world?

I do not have a bat, as stated, it is a bash shell script, I.E., linux, will not work on Windows.  Are you running linux?  If so then I can post it.

I handle multiple mod setups by having multiple installs, all are fully self contained and do not touch the system install.

I do not have a bat, as stated, it is a bash shell script, I.E., linux, will not work on Windows.  Are you running linux?  If so then I can post it.

I handle multiple mod setups by having multiple installs, all are fully self contained and do not touch the system install.

lol miss read bash as bat. I'm running windows 7 but i do have multi copies of Linux in a cd case. Though i've never run minecraft on a Linux and don't have much experience with linux. Sound like it will be a nice learning experience in my free time. :)

lol miss read bash as bat. I'm running windows 7 but i do have multi copies of Linux in a cd case. Though i've never run minecraft on a Linux and don't have much experience with linux. Sound like it will be a nice learning experience in my free time. :)

Might want to get that working first if wanted.  ;)

if your looking for a mod that adds old school energy, im currently developing one that adds that along with newer types of energy

Energy as in electrical, or mechanical, or magic, or...?

all three of them, and more :)

I could code an anvil up but since the workbench does all the metal crafting i don't see the point. Unless someone knows how to remove the crafting recipes from the workbench without changing its code.

Easy, I remove a few vanilla recipes in my mod as I move them to other things.

I could code an anvil up but since the workbench does all the metal crafting i don't see the point. Unless someone knows how to remove the crafting recipes from the workbench without changing its code.

Easy, I remove a few vanilla recipes in my mod as I move them to other things.

This can be done without changing the workbench's recipe code?