[1.7.2] Can't find Minecraft's native packages/classes in Eclipse

satyreyes

Windows 7, 64-bit.

It's my first time modding Minecraft and I'm trying to add some smelting recipes.  It's tough to find a tutorial with code that works in the current version of Forge, so I thought I'd go look at the syntax used in net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes.  But I can't find any vanilla Minecraft code in the directory to which I pointed Eclipse:

width=197 height=481http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/forge-eclipse-structure_zps100a2883.png[/img]

All of my import statements are working fine -- but I can't see what I'm importing!  Have I installed Forge incorrectly?

I acknowledge that I'm new at Java.  I hope this isn't a "go learn Java" kind of question, and that someone will be able to answer it in the spirit of helping a man teach himself to fish. :)

Thank you, that's the push I needed!  I had checked the Referenced Libraries, but most of them didn't look Minecraft-specific.  If anyone else has the same trouble, the path in Eclipse is Minecraft/Referenced Libraries/forgeSrc-1.7.2-10.12.0.1024.jar (or the numbering of your build of Forge).

I find it easier to browse by traversing /build/tmp/recompSrc/  because in Eclipse package explorer everything is organized in neat folders.

Also, you probably know but rather than browsing the packages or folders for something you can usually just have Eclipse find it: if you want to see the source for something that is referenced in code that you're viewing you can just right-click on the class or method and choose Open Declaration.  And of course just use an Eclipse search.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...