FML not allowing LAN play

KelZorg

Have several mods as can be seen from the log file. 

Didn't install ModLoader

Didn't install ModLoaderMP

I don't use MCPatcher.

I installed the following mods into the jar file:

1. Forge 4.0.0.239

2. OptFine 1.3.2 HD U B3

3. Rei's Minimap

4. Risugami's Spawn GUI + Death Chest

The others were placed in the mods folder

Log file [ForgeModLoader-client-0.LAN server.log] attached.

Log file [ForgeModLoader-client-0.LAN client.log] attached.

Log file [FML IronPP 3.0 LAN error.jpg] attached.

The problem:

I was running a LAN game with my kids without any problem.  Installed a newer version of forge from version 234 to 239 to fix one of the other FML errors.  Now, when my son and I try and start a LAN game, FML claims that the mod IronPP 3.0 isn't installed in my version of MC.

Both my son's PC and my PC run the same installation of MC with the same mods.  We each have our own login details and use our own texture packs, but the core files for MC are exactly the same.

ForgeModLoader-client-0.LAN_server.log

ForgeModLoader-client-0.LAN_client.log

FML_IronPP_3.0_LAN_error.jpg.24b0b4586f02e5ee05e2d17a928f797d.jpg

Tell your son to get IronPP 3.0.

If you look at the log files for my PC and my son's PC you will notice we both have IronPP installed and loaded.  In the log files attached, I tried to connect to his LAN game.  If I get him to try and connect to my LAN game, then he gets the same error.

This screen cap is the same as one I just debugged for the Millenaire mod.  After some digging, I came to the conclusion that the author of the mod did not properly set the "VersionBounds" in his code, which causes the LAN setup to fail.  It seems the Forge error message is not entirely accurate in this case.  If you are certain your two installations match, I recommend contacting the author of IronPP and asking him to confirm this parameter.

I'm fixing the stupid villagers.  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1588460-

This screen cap is the same as one I just debugged for the Millenaire mod.  After some digging, I came to the conclusion that the author of the mod did not properly set the "VersionBounds" in his code, which causes the LAN setup to fail.  It seems the Forge error message is not entirely accurate in this case.  If you are certain your two installations match, I recommend contacting the author of IronPP and asking him to confirm this parameter.

Thanks for the info.

Hello, I'm the creator of the mod and I'll look into this. I think I know the solution on the versionBounds thing.

I think the problem is that I thought it was Forge version checks but now I thinks it's the version check of the mod itself.  Anyway, I had no problems at all while testing but I'll change the versionbounds anyway.

There is a new FML that will tell you if your version bounds are actually acceptable to yourself. I don't believe yours are. This behaviour (checking versions) was recently fixed.. make sure versionrange actually accepts your mod version.