Render buttons on screen?

Pulsior

Subscribe to it in your event handler (probably init or postinit) and handle the event when it fires.

P.S. Do you have any ideas how to work with events? If not there are some tutorials available - google is your friend.

I know how to listen in on the event, but I want the buttons to appear on screen when a key is pressed, and remove them with the another key. How should I make the buttons appear by listening in on an event which basically just allows me to get the x and y position of the rendered element?

I know how to listen in on the event, but I want the buttons to appear on screen when a key is pressed, and remove them with the another key. How should I make the buttons appear by listening in on an event which basically just allows me to get the x and y position of the rendered element?

I'm guessing you don't realize why these events exist. Look at the code in GuiIngameForge for some clues as to when and why this (and its subevents) are fired. You should understand that these events occur while rendering the screen you see in game. Your little icons at the top of said screen would be rendered at such a time.

I can see that RenderGameOverlayEvent is posted when the GUI is updated. But how can I actually render my precious little icons? (by listening to RenderGameOverlayEvent, or in another way) Would you please, please give me a code example?

I searched for some tutorials on the subject, and they all tell me to do something like this:

TextureManager e = Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine;

e.bindTexture(new ResourceLocation(TheOnePower.MODID, "textures/gui/spirit.png") );

Tessellator t = Tessellator.instance;
	t.startDrawingQuads();

t.addVertexWithUV(0, 0, 0, 0, 0);//bottom left texture
	t.addVertexWithUV(0, 64, 0, 0, 0);//top left
	t.addVertexWithUV(64, 64, 0, 1, 1);//top right
	t.addVertexWithUV(64, 0, 0, 64, 0);//bottom right
	t.draw();

But there's nothing happening. What's wrong in here?