Texture file has to be in minecraft.jar

newmangamers

i have a multi texture file and for some reason it only works if it is in the mc jar. in the older versions of forge i had no problem but since the new update i am having lots of problems. and i carnt find a way to fix this, the pic is saying missing (i just kept chaning the coords and it said missing) anyone know how to fix this? the file is 256 by 256.

EDIT: i forgot to say that i am using mc forge version 4.0.0.204 incase this helps

If your mod pakage is in Minecraft.common, you can create a folder called gfx into common package and drop here your terrain.png and your item.png (or other names)

Example: you have a block YBlock

To call your graphics from your mod, use :

MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture("/gfx/terrain.png");

to load the textures and in the block file:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public String getTextureFile()
    {
            return "/gfx/terrain.png";
    }

It's only a example. You can change the names or the path of your graphics folder if you update the load and call methods

Sorry. I don't speak english.

Thanks for you help, i will try this once i get back to my dev pc, i wish that there was more tutorials on stuff like this... as how am i ment to know that they changed it.

Read the Changelog?

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

it dossent work, this is why i hate the new forge updates, why change somethign if it works?

Nothing would have worked if they didnt update forge since Minecraft's code changed for 1.3 :P

Anyways I was going to post my code here but I found a tutorial on the forge wiki which would be of more use.

Wuppy's Tutorial on how to add custom textures. Should help ya solve all ya problems :)

http://wuppy29.blogspot.nl/2012/08/modding-custom-textures-part-1.html

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...