[SOLVED]Entity not rendering/not detecting collision

battlefield

After updating my mod from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 I can't see my entities in the world even though I can hear them and spawn them with spawning eggs. Anyone else having similar problems? I know it's more of a minecraft problem than a forge problem but still this is a forum on which modders are mostly active.

Before asking have you registered the entity inside EntityRegistry and it's render inside RenderingRegistry, yes I did that and I double checked it or asking if I have textures on their apropriate spots, yes I have but even If I wouldn't have them I could see the shadow of that entity.

I have allso perfomed some quick tests and it seems like my entity wouldn't even be passed into the loaded entities list.

the question is here: HOW did you register your entities? A piece of your code would be very helpful then.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I registered them in my core class(the initialize method gets called from load method), what I posted are just snippets of the code

public void initialize()
{
	EntityList.addMapping(DartEntity.class, "Dart", getOrCreatEntityID("Dart", 42));
}

This method gets called from ClientProxy

public void initializeRenders()
{	
	RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(DartEntity.class, new DartRender());
}

Then you're registering them wrong, at least the first one:

EntityList.addMapping(DartEntity.class, "Dart", getOrCreatEntityID("Dart", 42));

You have to use these methods to register your entity properly:

EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(entity, entityName, EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId());
EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(entity, entityName, id, mod.instance, trackingRange, updateFrequency, sendsVelocityUpdates);

so I would say in your case:

EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(DartEntity.class, "Dart", EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId());
EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(DartEntity.class, "Dart", 0, DartMod.instance, 128, 1, true);

The ID in registerModEntity is mod-specific, so your first entity should get 0 as ID, then your second gets 1 as ID and so on.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

• 8 months later...

EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(entity, entityName, EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId());
EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(entity, entityName, id, mod.instance, trackingRange, updateFrequency, sendsVelocityUpdates);

EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(DartEntity.class, "Dart", EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId());
EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(DartEntity.class, "Dart", 0, DartMod.instance, 128, 1, true);

The ID in registerModEntity is mod-specific, so your first entity should get 0 as ID, then your second gets 1 as ID and so on.

Wow, thanks! This really helped me c:

Wow, thanks! This really helped me c:

heh, it's like a bit outdated :P

Anyway, you need only the registerModEntity now. The registerGlobalEntityID isn't needed anymore and also I don't recommend to use it, because it has an ID limitation of max. 256 IDs.

mah twitter