[1.7.2] Dimensional teleporting, without the portals

whiskeyfur

Gettin' a little tired of putting nether portals all over the place in the game when trying to /home. Since forgeessentials hasn't been worked on for a while I'm trying to code my own.

What is the best way to move an entity from one world to an another without creating those obsidian gateways?

Unfortuntely I'm trying to avoid those portal all together. The code I'm doing this for is so the player can /home, do what he needs to, then /back to where he went.

In most cases, he certainly didn't have a nether portal near him when he left that dimension so... yea.

That's smart, when the teleport happens just make a three for loops increasing the x, y, z like this.

for (int i = player.posX - 5; i < player.posX + 5; i++)
{
    for (int j = player.posY - 5; j < player.posX + 5; j++)
    { 
        for (int k = player.posZ - 5; k < player.posX + 5; k++)
        { 
               if (world.getBlock(i, j k) == Blocks.obsidian || world.getBlock(i, j k) == Blocks.portal)
               {
                       world.setBlockToAir(i, j, k);   
               }
        }
    }
}

Something like that.

I understand that method would work, though I'm not a real big fan of it because it feels more like a hack than a solution. For example, if they happen to be standing on obsidian, like a lava lake turned obsidian from a firestone, then this'll end up deleting obsidian blocks that didn't come from a portal.

I'm looking at possibly grabbing the worldserver for their source and destination worlds and telling them to remove and add the player respectively, then update their position. I don't think this'll work but it's worth a shot.

//WorldServer start = DimensionManager.getWorld(plyr.dimension);
//start.getPlayerManager().removePlayer(plyr);

WorldServer overworld = DimensionManager.getWorld(0);
overworld.getPlayerManager().addPlayer(plyr);

ChunkCoordinates c = overworld.getSpawnPoint();
plyr.setPositionAndUpdate(c.posX, c.posY, c.posZ);

Edit: This was a fail.

Create your own teleported class and a command to call it.  You will need to specify where to go in the destination dimension somehow.

Do you have some example code to show this? I've yet to see a way to get around making a portal in game without effectively recreating the CommandServerTP class.

I can share one tonight.

The basics are you need your own command.  Assuming you know how to do that.

From it you call your teleported code.  The trick is to override the methods in such a way it only does what you want.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Here is something that works for me.  I've done it different ways, but you should be able to modify this to suit your purposes.

package clandoolittle.dimension_multiplyer.Common.Worlds.Teleporters;

import java.util.ArrayList;

import java.util.Arrays;

import java.util.Iterator;

import java.util.List;

import java.util.Random;

import java.util.logging.Level;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.ModContainer;

import clandoolittle.dimension_multiplyer.Dimension_Multiplyer;

import clandoolittle.dimension_multiplyer.Common.Worlds.World.World_Properties;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP;

import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;

import net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer;

import net.minecraft.util.Direction;

import net.minecraft.util.LongHashMap;

import net.minecraft.util.MathHelper;

import net.minecraft.world.ChunkCoordIntPair;

import net.minecraft.world.Teleporter;

import net.minecraft.world.World;

import net.minecraft.world.WorldServer;

public class MyTeleporter extends Teleporter {

// Setup Variables

public Dimension_Multiplyer instance = Dimension_Multiplyer.instance;

// Setup Specific Variables

private WorldServer worldserver;

public MyTeleporter(WorldServer worldserver) {

super(worldserver);

// Setup Variables

this.worldserver = worldserver;

}

// Move the Entity to the portal

public void teleport(Entity entity, World world) {

// Setup Variables

EntityPlayerMP playerMP = (EntityPlayerMP) entity;

// Get name of world

String world_name = instance.world_manager().name(world.provider.dimensionId);

// Set default location

double dx = 0;

double dy = 0;

double dz = 0;

// Check world_properties for spawn

World_Properties world_property = instance.world_manager().world_properties().get(world.provider.dimensionId);

if (world_property != null) {

dx = world_property.spawn_x();

dy = world_property.spawn_y();

dz = world_property.spawn_z();

}

// check for zeros

if (dx == 0 && dy == 0 && dz == 0) {

// Set height to something big

dy = 250;

// Drop down until find solid

while (world.getBlock((int) dx, (int) dy - 1, (int) dz).equals(Blocks.air) && dy > 0) {

dy--;

}

// Last check if dy == 0

if (dy == 0) {

dy = 128;

}

}

// Offset locations for accuracy

dx = dx + 0.5d;

dy = dy + 1.0d;

dz = dz + 0.5d;

entity.setPosition(dx, dy, dz);

// Freeze motion

entity.motionX = entity.motionY = entity.motionZ = 0.0D;

entity.setPosition(dx, dy, dz);  // silly to do this multiple time,s but it kept offseting entity until this was done

// Set Dimension

if (entity.worldObj.provider.dimensionId != world.provider.dimensionId) {

playerMP.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(playerMP, world.provider.dimensionId, this);

}

entity.setPosition(dx, dy, dz); // silly to do this multiple time,s but it kept offseting entity until this was done

// instance.logger.log(Level.INFO, "Teleported to " + world_name + ":" + dx + "/" + dy + "/" + dz);

}

// Override Default BS

@Override

public boolean placeInExistingPortal(Entity par1Entity, double par2, double par4, double par6, float par8)

{

return false;

}

@Override

public void removeStalePortalLocations(long par1)

{

}

@Override

public void placeInPortal(Entity par1Entity, double par2, double par4, double par6, float par8)

{

}

}

Then setup a custom command to call it with something similar to this.

new MyTeleporter(minecraftserver.worldServerForDimension(world.provider.dimensionId)).teleport(target, world);

Let me know how it goes.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help