[Solved] Working with two mods at the same time. @Instance

Mazetar

I have completed the initial goal of my Tagger Rails mod and while waiting for a friend to test it and give feedback I started working on my 2nd mod.

I have just created the basic setup for creating a forge mod and try to run the client to confirm that the mod is working when it crashes with the following two errors:

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set static com.mazetar.aimod.common.Aimod field com.mazetar.aimod.common.Aimod.aimodInstance to com.mazetar.taggerrails.common.TaggerRails
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:102)

And error two:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set static com.mazetar.taggerrails.common.TaggerRails field com.mazetar.taggerrails.common.TaggerRails.instance to com.mazetar.aimod.common.Aimod
at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.UnsafeStaticObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.parseSimpleFieldAnnotation(FMLModContainer.java:331)

So it seems to me that the @Instance annotation does for each mod is conflicting with each other?

TaggerRails.Java - summary of content:

package com.mazetar.taggerrails.common;
// Some imports
@Mod(modid = "MazTaggerRails", name = "TaggerRails", version = "0.0.1")
@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired = true, serverSideRequired = true,
clientPacketHandlerSpec = @SidedPacketHandler(channels = {"TaggerRailsChan"}, packetHandler = ClientPacketHandler.class),
serverPacketHandlerSpec = @SidedPacketHandler(channels = {"TaggerRailsChan"}, packetHandler = ServerPacketHandler.class))
public class TaggerRails 
{
        @SidedProxy(clientSide = "com.mazetar.taggerrails.client.ClientProxy", serverSide = "com.mazetar.taggerrails.common.CommonProxy")
public static CommonProxy proxy;

@Instance
public static TaggerRails instance;

//Later inn the code
@Init
public void load(FMLInitializationEvent evt)
{
       NetworkRegistry.instance().registerGuiHandler(instance, proxy);

This mod was working fine on its own.

Then I added my new project into its own package, named "com.mazetar.aimod".

With its own package handlers, Proxy files and its own mod file.

Aimod.java - summary of contents.

package com.mazetar.aimod.common;
// lots of imports
@Mod(modid = "MazAiMod", name = "MazetarianAiMod", version = "0.0.2")
@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired = true, serverSideRequired = true,
clientPacketHandlerSpec = @SidedPacketHandler(channels = {"MazAiChan"}, packetHandler = ClientPacketHandler.class),
serverPacketHandlerSpec = @SidedPacketHandler(channels = {"MazAiChan"}, packetHandler = ServerPacketHandler.class))
public class Aimod 
{
     @SidedProxy(clientSide = "com.mazetar.aimod.client.ClientProxy", serverSide = "com.mazetar.aimod.common.CommonProxy")
     public static CommonProxy proxy;

@Instance
    public static Aimod aimodInstance;

@PreInit
    public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
    {	
    }

@Init
    public void load(FMLInitializationEvent evt)
    {
	NetworkRegistry.instance().registerGuiHandler(aimodInstance, proxy);
    }

I tried renaming the Aimod instance to aimodInstance incase the name of the variable itself would have something to say, it didn't change anything.

Been trying to find places where I reffere to Aimod instead of TaggerRails and vica verca without finding any.

Does anyone have a clue for how to solve this?

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...