How to disable specific mods with Forge

FEarBG

I remember a function in ModLoader where you can disable mod from a text document. Is there such a thing in Forge ?

The reason I ask for this is because of those nasty mods for updates. Lets say "Mine & Blade: Battlegear" for example. Awesome mod, but inside him there is update manager, that does not even work properly.

I can't delete it from mods folder because this is part of "Mine & Blade: Battlegear" but .. Forge recognize them as separate mods so I was thinking .. maybe there is a way to disable that particular mod.

Actually would be wonderful if in the future Forge has GUI check mark in each mod and if you uncheck it that will disable the mod.

P.S. I found another way. Just had to delete "mod_UpdateManager.class" from the ZIP file. Anyway tell me if there is another way including Forge..

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, for now, you'll have to remove the mod from your (core)mods folder. If it's a jar mod, sorry.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

https://github.com/cpw/FML/blob/master/common/cpw/mods/fml/common/Loader.java#L464

There is a way to do it but I think its a work in progress and needs to be finished.

cpw should write something up on it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon