Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server Mods Only?

animepix

Hi, obviously I'm new >>; Is their a list of JUST server mods? i don't want my users to have to download a new client every time i put in a new mod, most mods are client only. I look at a ton of mods and their great but are client only, like the nature overhaul and builders.  id like those but of coarse they say client mod. I'm confused why wouldn't they be server side mods? seems like a server function... unless you want to play single player but whats the point in that?

what about something like that nature one, basically eventually vanilla trees die and spit out new saplings which plant themselfs and grow new trees.. it said it needs a clientside but doesnt actually add any new blocks/graphics to the game. also skins those add in new gfx but everyone sees them even though its a straight client side thing..

what about something like that nature one, basically eventually vanilla trees die and spit out new saplings which plant themselfs and grow new trees.. it said it needs a clientside but doesnt actually add any new blocks/graphics to the game. also skins those add in new gfx but everyone sees them even though its a straight client side thing..

it could be turned into a server side only mod but its always safe to have a client side mod.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I have installed a forge server, and tried launching it. It launches as a vanilla server if I run the file called "minecraft_server.1.16.5.jar" If i run the file called "forge-1.16.5-36.2.23.jar", nothing at all happens, it just creates a log with these 2 lines: [19Jan2022 16:08:29.340] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.23, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge] [19Jan2022 16:08:29.345] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 17.0.1 by Oracle Corporation I have also tried running both files (since I don't know which one I'm supposed to use) using the command line like this: java -Xmx6000M -Xms6000M -jar {serverName}.jar nogui pause If I run the the server file, i get a vanilla server as well. If i run the forge file, the log file looks the same as before, and I get this result in the terminal: D:\MCS\VH>java -Xmx6000M -Xms6000M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.23.jar nogui 2022-01-19 16:16:32,476 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment [16:16:32] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.23, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui] [16:16:32] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 17.0.1 by Oracle Corporation Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0xadd0edd) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0xadd0edd at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55) at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66) at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63) at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60) at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57) D:\MCS\VH>pause Press any key to continue . . . I have also tried launching old servers that I had on SkyFactory 3 that worked fine before, but they have stopped working too. When I launch them I get this result: Starting Sky Factory 3 Server... A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:62) at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:31) Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) ... 6 more Press any key to continue . . . I assume this means that something has changed on my pc, causing forge servers not to run correctly, but I cannot imagine what that could be. I hope this is enough information to be able to help
    • Check it out, you won't regret https://shrinke.me/I0iwHJ3
    • These should be static initializers and the fields should be final. That is the point of DeferredRegister. Your code looks fine and should work, however you can use EnchantmentHelper.getItemEnchantmentLevel if you just want the level for one Enchantment. This call will be more efficient as it does not need to build the whole enchantment map.
    • Hi, I am trying to determine if item has specific enchant. I have tried with EnchantmentHelper, however statement is not returning true for item that is enchanted: // Get item in main hand. ItemStack item = player.getMainHandItem(); // Get list of enchantements on item. Map<Enchantment, Integer> enchantments = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantments(item); // IF: Timber is enchanted on item. if(enchantments.containsKey(ToolEnchantments.TIMBER.get())) { // Mine the block at the position. mineBlock(world, blockPos, item); } My guess is that simple object comparison won't do? What would be proper way to check if enchantment is present on item?   This is how ToolEnchantments.TIMBER is defined:   public final class ToolEnchantments { public static DeferredRegister<Enchantment> REGISTRY; public static RegistryObject<Enchantment> BLOOM; public static RegistryObject<Enchantment> TIMBER; public static void register(IEventBus eventBus) { REGISTRY = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ENCHANTMENTS, ExperimentalMod.MODID); REGISTRY.register("bloom", () -> new BloomEnchantment()); REGISTRY.register("timber", () -> new TimberEnchantment()); REGISTRY.register(eventBus); } }  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.