[1.6.4]Effects On Collision With Custom Block Help?

RetsuWolf

Greetings! I've been trying to figure out how I could add potion effects when an entity is on a certain custom block. I've been messing around with a lot of stuff specifically using the following method.

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)

{

}

I know how to make it so when someone collides with the block it damages them but it would be EXTREMELY helpful if someone could tell me how to add potion effects on collision with the block? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank for the reply! I'm glad you're trying to help. Anyways I've added this method into the block's class.

public void onEntityWalking(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)

{

par5Entity.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.blindness.id, 600, 4));

}

Although it's wanting me to add a cast to par5Entity so it will look like this.

public void onEntityWalking(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)

{

((Object) par5Entity).addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.blindness.id, 600, 4));

}

When I do this it comes up with a quick fix that says "Change method receiver cast". So when I click on the quick fix it does nothing. Any other ideas as to why this isn't working? I've been trying to figure this out for at least 3 hours and help is greatly appreciated!

Check if the entity variable is an instance of the EntityLivingBase class and if true, cast to it, not to Object.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I have just one small problem now. I am trying to give the entity the effect for one second an infinite amount of times as long as they're on the block. I've tried this.

{

for(int i = 0; i > 1; i++) {

((EntityLivingBase) par5Entity).addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.blindness.id, par4));

i = 0;

}

}

But it's not going through the loop at all and I don't understand why. If I get rid of the loop and do this.

{

((EntityLivingBase) par5Entity).addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.blindness.id, 2, 4));

}

It adds the blindness effect for one second every time I step on the block which is what I want except I want it to happen infinitely as long as an entity is on the block. Any ideas? Perhaps there's a way to make it update every tick so that it goes through the code every tick? Any help is greatly appreciated!