[1.7.2] Limiting Entities Per Chunk

qpwoeiruty

Okay sorry, it's just that there was no getEntitiesOfTypeWithinAABB method, and it only had 2 parameters so I have now done this and I have no errors but it crashes:

private boolean entityLimit() {

if(worldObj.getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityBlockCoal.class, getBoundingBox()) != null) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

I'm sorry about this, I'm just fairly new to modding still.

I have changed it to this:

private boolean entityLimit(World world) {

if(world.getChunkFromBlockCoords(serverPosX, serverPosZ).worldObj.getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityBlockCoal.class, getBoundingBox()) != null) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

Never mind then, I'm not understanding so am going to do some research and try again at a later date. Thanks for the help anyway.

Edit: I got to this but I'm not sure what to do with the list, but its probably wrong anyway:

if(Chunk.getEntitiesOfTypeWithinAAAB(EntityBlockCoal.class, getBoundingBox(), List, null) != null) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

Sorry, it is saying I can't convert from void to boolean.

qpwoeiruty, all of your questions in this thread seem to be from not understanding Java fully.  It is okay that you're a beginning programmer (everyone has to start somewhere), but your questions really aren't about modding they are about Java.  You didn't know how to call a method, you didn't know about static methods, you didn't know about casting, and now you don't know about return values.  You should really just learn more Java.  There are plenty of online references, but I also suggest having a very good book that is easy to read called: Java In Easy Steps.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/