[1.7.2] Creating an addon for Thaumcraft 4 and use classes of this mod

SantacreeperLP

There's something called an API that's specificly designed for this purpose. You can also download the Baubles API and use that too.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I am in the same situation as Santacreeper. I know that I need to use an api to work with another mod, however I don't know how to add it to my workspace to be able to work with it. I have never worked with another mod's api before so I have little idea where to start. Where do I put the api? Where do I need to put the thaumcraft mod itslef so its available to my dev environment (I am assuming I need this)? Is there anything else I need to know to make it work?

1. Download the thaumcraft api zip from it's forum post.

2. Unzip

3. Put the source in with your mods source

i.e.:

source

com

mymod

MyClass.java

thaumcraft

api

AzanorClass.java

4. Download thaumcraft

5. Download dev versions of NEI and CodeChickenCore

6. Put all 3 mods in your dev environment's mod folder.

7. Use the api hooks in your code, launch the game, and enjoy  :) There are quite a few more advanced things you can do regarding including apis in your mod (and not including them ;) ) but that is it at the basic level.

You know what Alix? You're awesome! Two days of visiting various irc's and messaging people on forums, and on your first response gave me exactly what I was looking for! Thank you SO much. I would highly suggest you make a tutorial and post it to minecraftforum.net. I am certain I am not the only one who would like this information. Thanks again! :D

I'd like to know a little bit more though. More specifically on how to exclude it from the final build of of my mod. Including the files directly into my source would just compile the java files at build time and put it with the rest of my source files in the final jar. So how can I reference to these java files, but not include them into the final build?