Giving an entity an inventory.

kenny2810

After creating a custom entity ( a new zombie) , I wish to give it a small inventory where it can hold random items apart from the usual sword and armour. Is there a method that specifically allows me to add/create inventory slots for the entity?

Another option may be to simply add an InventoryBasic field to your entity, similar to how EntityPlayer has an InventoryPlayer field. Then you don't have to worry about the specifics of the inventory, but simply provide access to it and remember to save/load it from NBT. I'm not aware of any specific downsides to doing it this way, though I haven't done it myself.

If you don't need any sort of Gui or other interaction with the player, you could just as well give your entity a List<ItemStack> field and shove whatever items it comes across into that... you might not even need to bother with an IInventory, it really depends on the exact details of how you want your entity to behave and interact with the rest of the Minecraft world.

It's not that hard to add armor from a list...

If you are saying what I think your saying, please go learn Java.

If not, well... Wake up I guess... ?

We all stuff up sometimes... But I seem to be at the bottom of that pot.

Firstly I've  been studying java for 3 years+ now so I am rather vell versed in how it works. I have released a mod as well, however I have never created entities in Minecraft before; hence why I seem so confused as to how such things work.

Firstly I've  been studying java for 3 years+ now so I am rather vell versed in how it works. I have released a mod as well, however I have never created entities in Minecraft before; hence why I seem so confused as to how such things work.

I apologize.

If you have studied Java for 3+ years, then you should know quite easily several ways to go about such a thing. And I also apologize for misjudging you.

We all stuff up sometimes... But I seem to be at the bottom of that pot.