[1.7.2]Adding drops to vanilla mobs

pta2002

Hey guys, I'm making my mod and I would like to know how I add drops to vanilla mobs. I want them to drop an item that I added. If possible, I would like to know how to make them drop 25% of the time.

EDIT: I added the title (Whoops....)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • The version you are using is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support. Currently supported versions are 1.19.2 (Latest) and 1.18.2 (LTS).
    • I was trying to change item models with Model backer and ItemOverrides but it's too annoying so I looked for alternative ways: but for that I need to make many items, in this case for each model one item, however each item would have five models and I want to make about 30 items. That way I would have to make 600 items? this is a lot, can the forge handle it?
    • I originally posted here in error, as the issue I was having was for fabric, not forge, so I don't know anything about your issue but I solved my issue by downgrading my graphics drivers, here's a link to a post I made on Minecraft forum, I made an edit on the post with the solution that worked for me:   https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/3164709-solved-minecraft-fabric-modpack-crash-when#c4
    • 20:14:21.373 net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModDiscoverer main Found mod file forge-1.19.2-43.1.43-universal.jar of type MOD with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@5c92166b 20:14:21.386 net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModDiscoverer main Failed to build unique mod list after mod discovery. net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.EarlyLoadingException: Duplicate mods found at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.UniqueModListBuilder.buildUniqueList(UniqueModListBuilder.java:78) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModDiscoverer.discoverMods(ModDiscoverer.java:105) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLLoader.beginModScan(FMLLoader.java:166) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLServiceProvider.beginScanning(FMLServiceProvider.java:86) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServiceDecorator.runScan(TransformationServiceDecorator.java:112) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.lambda$runScanningTransformationServices$8(TransformationServicesHandler.java:100) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197) at java.base/java.util.HashMap$ValueSpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1779) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:575) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluateToArrayNode(AbstractPipeline.java:260) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:616) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:622) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toList(ReferencePipeline.java:627) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.runScanningTransformationServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:102) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.initializeTransformationServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:55) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:87) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher@1.1.2/cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:141) 20:14:21.399 net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModDiscoverer main Mod Discovery failed. Skipping dependency discovery. 20:14:21.990 launcher main Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to find system mod: minecraft at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.ModSorter.detectSystemMods(ModSorter.java:181) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.ModSorter.buildUniqueList(ModSorter.java:145) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.ModSorter.sort(ModSorter.java:53) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModValidator.stage2Validation(ModValidator.java:101) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLLoader.completeScan(FMLLoader.java:175) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.19.2-43.1.43/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLServiceProvider.completeScan(FMLServiceProvider.java:91) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServiceDecorator.onCompleteScan(TransformationServiceDecorator.java:174) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.lambda$triggerScanCompletion$24(TransformationServicesHandler.java:145) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197) at java.base/java.util.HashMap$ValueSpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1779) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:575) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluateToArrayNode(AbstractPipeline.java:260) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:616) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:622) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toList(ReferencePipeline.java:627) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.triggerScanCompletion(TransformationServicesHandler.java:147) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:94) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@10.0.8/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher@1.1.2/cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:141) 20:14:21.990 monitor Process Monitor Process crashed with exit code 1
    • I am created a packet that spawns 3 golems and adds a timer to their persistant data along with the name of the owner who spawned them. public boolean handle(Supplier<NetworkEvent.Context> supplier){ NetworkEvent.Context context = supplier.get(); context.enqueueWork(()-> { Player p = context.getSender(); if(p.getPersistentData().contains(XprtData.SALUS_CLASS)){ if(!p.getPersistentData().contains(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER)){ for(int i=0;i<3;i++){ IronGolem golem = (IronGolem) EntityType.IRON_GOLEM.spawn(p.createCommandSourceStack().getLevel(), null, null, p.blockPosition(), MobSpawnType.MOB_SUMMONED, true, false); golem.getPersistentData().putInt(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER, Utils.Seconds(50)); golem.getPersistentData().putString(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_OWNER, p.getScoreboardName()); golem.setCustomName(Component.literal(ChatFormatting.GOLD + "" + p.getScoreboardName() + "'s Defender")); } p.getPersistentData().putInt(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER, Utils.Seconds(5)); } else { int time = p.getPersistentData().getInt(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER); Utils.Message(p, ChatFormatting.RED + "You cannot summon defenders right now, " + Utils.TicksToSeconds(time) + " seconds remaining."); } } }); return true; } the problem is when I call upon their data in an external class here @SubscribeEvent public static void onLivingTick(LivingEvent.LivingTickEvent e){ LivingEntity entity = e.getEntity(); if(entity instanceof IronGolem){ if(entity.getPersistentData().contains(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER)){ Mob mob = (Mob)entity; for(LivingEntity target : Utils.getNear(entity, 8)){ if(target instanceof Player || target instanceof Villager || target instanceof Wolf || target instanceof IronGolem){ mob.setTarget(null); } else { mob.setTarget(target); } } } if(entity.getPersistentData().contains(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_OWNER)){ String owner = entity.getPersistentData().getString(XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_OWNER); for(String pNames : entity.getServer().getPlayerNames()){ if(pNames.equals(owner)){ Player p = entity.getServer().getPlayerList().getPlayerByName(owner); if(entity.distanceTo(p) >= 7f){ entity.teleportTo(p.getBlockX(), p.getBlockY()+1, p.getBlockZ()); } } } } } } neither XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_TIMER nor XprtData.SALUS_DEFENDER_OWNER contain any data, for the timer it starts off at 0 when it should be (22*50) and defender owner should contain the players name which instead contains a blank.   This isnt my first time doing something like this, ive done it will illagers and it worked perfectly but when it comes to golems it doesnt work at all. I could do with it the timer killing them at -(22*50) but it wont help that i still need the owners name to teleport them to the owner if they move to far away. Any Ideas? Im calling this packet from a keybind by the way   EDIT:  I figured out the issue, I guess when the packet is received by server and the entity is created there is a delay before the persistant data is created I guess, im not too sure...  Anyways I fixed it by just calling the persistant data twice 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.