Old forge back!

Dudugs

I (and much more people) think that the new forge sucks. its way harder to onstall, very buggy and glitchy. Its also incompatblie with modloader. I know coding is hard is everything, but all the mods i like need forge. and i cant install them. so please try to make the forge like it was before or make a laucnher for the mod, jsut click to install. PLEEEEEASE!

Really How the FUCK is:

Download Forge

Copy all files from Forge into Minecraft.jar

HARDER then:

Download ModLoader

Download ModLoaderMP

Download Forge

Install ModLoader into Minecraft.jar

Install ModLoaderMP into Minecraft.jar

Install Forge int Minecraft.jar

Forge IS compatible with ModLoader mod, just dont fucking install ModLoader/ModLoaderMP.

The ONLY thing that should be in your jar is Forge.

EVERYTHING, including shit like Optifine if he was so inclined, could be a folder mod.

So in other words, fuck off, quit bitching without backing anything up.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I agree with Lex, granted the core mods folder will take a little getting used to (after i get NEI installed), Forge is even better then before. not all of the mods have updated yet and I guarantee, most will update to Forge and the Forge Modloader.

"If i'm your friend by the end of the map, I haven't done my job properly" MattaBase (FTB Builder)

"When I finish my map, you will think FTB Insanity is too easy " Blaster (Shrine Runner Map Maker(WIP))

Really How the FUCK is:

Download Forge

Copy all files from Forge into Minecraft.jar

HARDER then:

Download ModLoader

Download ModLoaderMP

Download Forge

Install ModLoader into Minecraft.jar

Install ModLoaderMP into Minecraft.jar

Install Forge int Minecraft.jar

Forge IS compatible with ModLoader mod, just dont fucking install ModLoader/ModLoaderMP.

The ONLY thing that should be in your jar is Forge.

EVERYTHING, including shit like Optifine if he was so inclined, could be a folder mod.

So in other words, fuck off, quit bitching without backing anything up.

first, sop being rude. second, i go with a clean jar, but whne i turn minecraft on, it crashes

Minecraft has crashed!     

----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

This error has been saved to C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-09-13_18.00.34-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 40da2045 --------

Generated 13-09-2012 18:00

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.6.0_21, Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Memory: 379333376 bytes (361 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 GL version 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: Default

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.haltGame(FMLClientHandler.java:160)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:119)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT c418adf1 ----------

How about the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Ah I get it, you're a fucking retard who doesn't know how to install mods.

So in turn you bitch about me and my work without any shred of evidence or logic.

And you get mad at me for bitching back at you.

You REALLY know how to fucking ask for support.

You get 1 more change.

Post your Log file (There is always one get it -.-) and maybe someone will help you.

If you post again being a fucking twat its a ban.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Minecraft Forge is easier than ever to install.  Make sure you have the latest promoted build (with a star) at the Jenkins build site, I believe it's 4.1.1.251.  If you can't install it without crashing, then use a program to help do it for you.  I recommend MultiMC v4.  If you can't get MultiMC to work for you, then you probably shouldn't be trying to mod your Minecraft at all, unfortunately.  That's about as simple as it can get.

Can't personally speak for MultiMC, but Magic Launcher has the capabilities to install it just fine.

For manual installation, you just force update your game to get a fresh minecraft.jar, open both the version of Forge you downloaded as well as the minecraft.jar with a capable archiver (WinRAR/7-Zip if on Windows will do), then drag the contents within the Forge.zip into the minecraft.jar, delete the META-INF from the minecraft.jar, and run the game. (To see if it all works, which it should)

If at any point you installed another mod before Forge, such as ModLoader or ModLoaderMP, you've done it wrong. Do not install either of them. Forge is all you need. :P

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

Can't personally speak for MultiMC, but Magic Launcher has the capabilities to install it just fine.

I've used Magic Launcher a little bit, but when I did, I noticed it was way more daunting to a new user than it needed to be.  MultiMC is great for a new user, because it's fairly simple to use, less stuff to mess up, especially when you have someone telling you exactly what to do.  You don't need to tell them how to download and create a new Minecraft instance, or how to put it in a new folder and select that jar, or what an "External mod" is versus a "mod."

"Make a new instance.  Click on Instance.  Click on Edit Mods.  Put these mods in 'JAR Mods', these in 'core mods', these in 'mods folder.'"

Much less for someone who isn't familiar with the inner workings actually doing that means.

Don't get me wrong, Magic Launcher works just fine, but I'd much rather tell someone how to set up a MultiMC instance than that.  Or heaven forbid tell them how to do it manually.

I can't see how doing it manually can be so difficult. I've always installed forge and mods manually, and had no issues (touch wood). All you do is copy a few files here and there and you're done. Just make sure you read up on it before you go into it. For example, if you're installing Forge, read the wiki for how to do it. If you're installing a mod, then look on their thread or their readme files on how to install it. A good mod author(s), in my opinion, should always provide clear instructions on how to (un)installation their mod, no matter how simple it is.

I've used Magic Launcher a little bit, but when I did, I noticed it was way more daunting to a new user than it needed to be.  MultiMC is great for a new user, because it's fairly simple to use, less stuff to mess up, especially when you have someone telling you exactly what to do.  You don't need to tell them how to download and create a new Minecraft instance, or how to put it in a new folder and select that jar, or what an "External mod" is versus a "mod."

"Make a new instance.  Click on Instance.  Click on Edit Mods.  Put these mods in 'JAR Mods', these in 'core mods', these in 'mods folder.'"

Much less for someone who isn't familiar with the inner workings actually doing that means.

Don't get me wrong, Magic Launcher works just fine, but I'd much rather tell someone how to set up a MultiMC instance than that.  Or heaven forbid tell them how to do it manually.

Ahh, alrighty. I've never actually used MultiMC, but I've never had big problems understanding how to install mods. In fact, I feel like an old pro at it. xD But yeah, I was in no way undermining your mention of MultiMC, nor am I implying that you said I was. It was just my personal experience. I'm going to give MultiMC a try now that I've been intrigued.

Thanks for the semi-review on it. And I do see the extra simplicity in what you're saying that'd appeal further to new modders. :D

Also, apologies to the OP for semi-derailing the topic. :P

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

STOP SAYING ME HOW TO INSTALL MODS!!!!!!! I INSTALL MODS SINCE 1.8.1

I JUST WANNA KNOW WHATS THIS ERROR REPORT MEANS!

Minecraft has crashed!     

----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

This error has been saved to C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-09-13_18.00.34-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 40da2045 --------

Generated 13-09-2012 18:00

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.6.0_21, Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Memory: 379333376 bytes (361 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 GL version 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: Default

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:119)

What this means is that something you did to install Forge made your game crash. That's what everyone has been saying so far as well. You, unfortunately, have screwed up installed Forge.

1. Download the newest version of Forge.

2. Force update your MC, so you get a clean jar.

3. For easiest mod installs ever, download newest version of MulitMC, and proceed to step 4.

4. Follow directions to set up MultiMC.

5. Choose your instance in MultiMC, and go to "Edit Mods".

6. Put the forge .zip in the Jar Mods section.

7. Rebuild jar.

8. Enjoy.

9. Stop being a whiny bitch.

10. Click the "Thank You" button on this post.

What this means is that something you did to install Forge made your game crash. That's what everyone has been saying so far as well. You, unfortunately, have screwed up installed Forge.

3. For easiest mod installs ever, download newest version of MulitMC, and proceed to step 4.

7. Rebuild jar.

8. Enjoy.

STILL NOT WORKS! :'(

Well... you didn't follow step number 9. It helps if you could tell us what's still not working, how you went about it, and what error it gives. Did you install with MultiMC, or directly to the jar? Are you using any other mods? What version of Forge? What version of Minecraft? What version of, if you followed my advice, MultiMC? Is it giving you the same error? Can you post your stack trace or crash log?

I suggest, in following post, that you try to be little more rational and a little less irritating, because Lex already warned you with a ban.

Well... you didn't follow step number 9. It helps if you could tell us what's still not working, how you went about it, and what error it gives. Did you install with MultiMC, or directly to the jar? Are you using any other mods? What version of Forge? What version of Minecraft? What version of, if you followed my advice, MultiMC? Is it giving you the same error? Can you post your stack trace or crash log?

I suggest, in following post, that you try to be little more rational and a little less irritating, because Lex already warned you with a ban.

Exactly.

What EXACTLY is the problem?

Here's some unacceptable responses:

-IT NO WORKY! YOU SUK!  :'(

-It blackscreens! Forge sucks!

-It crashes. Please help.

Now, for assistance:

1. Get 7zip.

2. DL forge and force MC update

3. Open minecraft.jar and the forge zip with 7zip.

4. Delete META-INF from minecraft.jar

5. Drag files from forge zip into minecraft.jar

6. Close 7zip windows.

7. Run MC.

8. Don't whine if it doesnt work, explain your crash and post the client crashlog.

--OR--

7. Rebuild jar.

8. Enjoy.

Done.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

OP, Speaking as a modder who, while I haven't yet released anything, has a very nice working mod under 1.2.5 and is currently updating to to Forge for 1.3.2, I can say with complete confidence that you don't know wtf you're doing and whatever you are doing you are doing wrong. If you are under Windows, download 7-zip at 7-zip.org and install that, then use it to add things to the Minecraft jar. I've found that if you are using WinRar, it really messes up for some reason. There, that's my helpful advice.

As to any whiners begging for ModLoaderMP to return...any mod still using ModLoaderMP is doing so only because the author has a stick up their ass and refuses to make the MINOR (in most cases) changes needed to bring their mod over to Forge and allow compatibility with a TON of additional mods.

That said, I LOVE the annotation system in the latest Forge. Thank you so much for making my life hella easy! Now if I could just figure out the weird GUI issue I'm having LOL :)

Ugh this is getting out of hand he has done nothing but bitch while and moan, refuse to follow directions, refuse to post proper logs, and bitch at me about my work.

Banned, fuck it.