API and listing all Blocks

Kimpton

Hey I downloaded the api so I could look through a web browser however there's no 'search' feature xD

What I'm trying todo is register all blocks with a prefix (in a sense making a bunch of new blocks that equals the quantity of Minecraft's current blocks. I thought maybe if I we're to swim around the api I could find it - shamefully not. (So in a sense I'm looking for an array with all the blocks - or at least trying to make one without writing the array out)

Could someone point to roughly where I could look? Thanks.

String[] vanillaBlocks = {"Brick", "Stone", "Stone_Brick" //All vanilla blocks prefer if I didn't have to write them out};

for(int i = 0; i < vanillaBlocks.length; i++){    		
    		allLarge = new LargeColumnProperties(Material.rock).setBlockName("ModelColumn" + vanillaBlocks[i]).setHardness(20.0F).setResistance(1.0F);
    		GameRegistry.registerBlock(allLarge, "ModelColumn" + vanillaBlocks[i]);
    		GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(TileEntityBlock.class, "ModelColumn" + vanillaBlocks[i]);
    	}

Iterator it = Block.blockRegistry.iterator();
        ArrayList<String> vanillaBlocks = new ArrayList<String>();
        while (it.hasNext())
        {
            Block b = (Block)it.next();
            vanillaBlocks.add(b.getLocalizedName());
        }
        System.out.println(vanillaBlocks.toString());

ArrayList<String> vanillaBlocks = new ArrayList<String>();
        while (it.hasNext())
        {
            Block b = (Block)it.next();
            vanillaBlocks.add(b.getLocalizedName());
        }

String[] blocks = (String[])vanillaBlocks.toArray();

for(int i = 0; i < blocks.length; i++){    		
    		allLarge = new LargeColumnProperties(Material.rock).setBlockName("ModelColumn" + blocks[i]).setHardness(20.0F).setResistance(1.0F);
    		GameRegistry.registerBlock(allLarge, "ModelColumn" + blocks[i]);
    		GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(TileEntityBlock.class, "ModelColumn" + blocks[i]);
    	}

That's not quite right is it? I would have thought I would need another loop to turn it into an array? BTW the for loop does not accept arraylist - so it does have to be an array. I suppose it doesn't like how the array list can be ''added to'' while an array if fixed?

Now regardless of our previous posts I have spotted a problem :o

that spits out a lot of duplicate blocks.. and some blocks aren't even blocks, they're items such as: "redstone dust" - I'm starting to think I'm going to have to write these out by hand - because excluding the ones I don't want will be just as hard.

Maybe I should have specified I was looking for; full shaped blocks that are placeable? :) this would be easier if the api docs had a search feature haha :)

OOOO!! Okay I've found a location with the majority of the blocks I want; in the building blocks tab! :) Its easy enough to get rid of all ''slab'' and ''stair'' and ''wall'' blocks (I know how todo that) - okay I think I'm set :)