[1.7.10] Mod doesn't works on server/client

indeoo

Created test mod which adds a few blocks and items to the game.

Works well while running game through the Eclipse debugger, but crashes when i'm gathering bin folder in to the jar/zip and installing it into the mods folder of my "real" official MC client and cauldron server.

What the problem is?

You are supposed go use the gradle wrapper for that. I don't quite know how though..

Are you using gradle to build it?

And next, how are you zipping it? The entire build folder? You are supposed to zip its contents not the build folder itself (to my understanding).

We all stuff up sometimes... But I seem to be at the bottom of that pot.

Just tried to pack into jar folder inside bin, but i know that method very often is incorrect and doesn't work.

I've installed gradle workspace + eclipse.

Can you give me some docs about forge gradlew? Or tell just tell me how to build a just with help of it.

haven't got any experience of working with it.

There are tutorials on this.

Assuming you setup a seperate project for your mod, go into the eclipse folder and look for your mod.  Hold the shift button down, right click and open command folder there.

The run 'grad let build' from that location.  It should put the jar for you mod into a folder for the mod down under build/lib or something like that.

Look up the tutorials on this.  Wuppy has some good ones.  You don't need to do this manually and you don't need a zip file.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 08.07.14 15:46
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: tabTools
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:515)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:88)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:313)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:169)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:627)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: tabTools
at cnr.Generic.preInit(Generic.java:37)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
... 5 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.13.0-30-generic
Java Version: 1.7.0_55, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 533165040 bytes (508 MB) / 671612928 bytes (640 MB) up to 5548015616 bytes (5291 MB)
JVM Flags: 0 total; 
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.11.1169 Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1169 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
FML{7.10.11.1169} [Forge Mod Loader] (cauldron-1.7.10-1.1169.03.94-server.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
Forge{10.13.0.1169} [Minecraft Forge] (cauldron-1.7.10-1.1169.03.94-server.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
CNR-mod{1.0} [ClanNR] (modid-1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'cauldron,craftbukkit,mcpc,fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Actually this is the crashlog file of server