Performance of Forge, issues

Consty

Ok so I installed minecraftforge-universal-4.1.1.251 everything seem to work ok, except for the 30 second time delay on getting passed the Mojang screen, its annoying but I can deal with it, anyways I created a new world and began testing performance, it was horrible, so naturally like I usually do I went and installed OptiFine_1.3.2_HD_B3 everything seem to install just fine with no problems, I go back in game and test it out with a flat map after modding all my video settings, it seem to work flawlessly, no lag what so ever, well then I decided to try it out with a randomly generated map "no seed" and even with fine tuned settings with OptiFine I was getting extremely bad lag issues, first spawning in a black nothingness for about 20 seconds then getting spawned into the single player map, second, every move I took was extremely glitchy as if my computer just couldn't handle the graphics of minecraft.... well I though I did something wrong so I redid the entire thing maybe about 6-7 times adding mods here and there and testing the differences, no change, it is Bad.

So after bad experiences with Forge causing Really bad lag I decided to make sure that it really wasn't my computer not being able to handle the GFX, so I went vanilla, added modloader, audiomod, allitems, optifine "same version I added to forge" and some other stuff, fine tuned the GFX with OptiFine and it ran beautifully on the exact same singleplayer map that I tested out with Forge, I also tested it on a multiplayer server, vanilla ran amazingly, forge did not, lol.

So anyways my real question.. Is this is somehow normal forge usage, and if it is not, then could I maybe get some help on trying to fix this strange issue? With a lot of mods changing to Forge only, I would really love to know why there seems to be No questions on the performance of Forge vs Vanilla, I personally use a ASUS 1201N netbook with ION Minecraft runs absolutely fine on my little book here, except when adding forge, I have tried many different things such as using a completely fresh and new Minecraft setup and installing forge all by itself, these performance issues still stand even with just Forge on my client.

What is running in the background?

EXA: Steam, Hamachi, teamspeak...

I'm actually quite surprised that you play on a netbook, you know.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

I don't run anything in the background not even my browser, I have like 14 mods running on my vanilla build and only like 4 on my forge build, but my forge build causes a glitchy kind of graphics lag unlike my vanilla build that runs smooth.

Yeah, I love my 1201n. :D

I do periodic performance profiling of Forge. And there is no significant performance change between Forge and vanilla.

So I can't say what exactly is causing your issues.

However, if you have a really bad graphics card {a lot of netbooks do} it might hit you hard supporting the custom textures. However, if your gfx card is any good it shouldnt be an issue.

Nothing really noticable.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Well my graphics card doesn't seem to be to horrible, i'm actually rebuilding it and testing my performance with each and every mod I add, to be honest I think it might have been caused from an Old mcpatcher installation, the performance seems to be better now and i'm not getting as much glitch lag as I was, or it may have been from a specific mod I added that was doing something and my minecraft boot up time has improved ever since I completely removed all traces of mcpatcher, it has gone from 30-40 seconds to get passed the Mojang screen a few hours ago to now 10-11 seconds straight to the game menu, and I don't seem to be spawning in the black nothingness on my little server, flatmap, or a randomly generated map, so whatever I am doing seems to be improving it.