Detect when a player uses a block

Delfil

Hi,

I want to cancel the PlayerInteractEvent only when a player tries to activate a block, like opening a gui for a chest or crafting table, or using a block like a repeater.

I could do this by just checking the block I'm clicking (clickedBlock.equals(Blocks.Repeater)), but I can only do this for vanilla minecraft blocks. I can't use the gui event, because I've to know the result at the end of the PlayerInteractEvent. I want to do this server-side and I 'll need the player object & block location later on.

Any idea how I could do this?

(I'm using Forge 1.7.10-10.13.0.1180)

Solution to cancel block interactions only:

e.useBlock = Result.DENY;

e.useItem = Result.ALLOW;

For blocks of other mods. I don't know which other mods the user of my mod is using.

If you know a way to filter out all blocks who can be used like repeaters & levers are used or opening gui's way from other mods, that would solve my problem.

I already found this, but it did look like it also blocks block placement when I used it. But I left the useItem on the default value. Now I used e.useItem = Result.ALLOW, and now it does work. Thank you very much!

So this blocks both, placement & block interactions:

public void onPlayerInteract(PlayerInteractEvent e) {

e.useBlock = Result.DENY;

e.useItem = Result.DEFAULT;

}

but using e.useItem = Result.ALLOW allows it to place blocks when useBlock is denied.