Server Fails to Start

Trying to get Forge to work for a few of my clients, I am getting this set of errors repeatedly. I am sure I am overlooking something, but I would appreciate it if we could be pointed in the correct direction. We are using Multicraft.

21.07 21:45:47 [Multicraft] Looks like a crash, check the server console. Return value: 1

21.07 21:45:47 [Multicraft] Server shut down

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO ... 8 more

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO ... 6 more

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:93)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

21.07 21:45:47 [server] INFO A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

21.07 21:45:47 [Multicraft] Loaded config for "Default"

21.07 21:45:47 [Multicraft] Starting server!

Thanks a whole lot!

Install the server and all related libraries correctly.

That's why we have a installer.

-.-

I downloaded and executed the installer executable. That created the files for me. I have never used any other method to install forge servers. They just all worked. Not this time, though.

These files were created by the 1.7.10 stable Installer-Win executable:

• forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-universal.jar
  • minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar
  • libraries/ (folder):
    • com/
    • lzma/
    • net/
    • org/

So, how did a simple run of the installer cause user error here?

This is my console printout, since I did not get a log.

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:93)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

... 6 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

... 8 more

By the way, I tried 1187 latest first. When that didn't work either, I went to recommended.

I don't know but somehow you did it.

log4j is inside minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar, as long as it's there and you run the server correctly it'll find it.

You can manually add the libraries if you're running in the wrong folder using the standard method of adding to the java classpath.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I don't know but somehow you did it.

log4j is inside minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar, as long as it's there and you run the server correctly it'll find it.

You can manually add the libraries if you're running in the wrong folder using the standard method of adding to the java classpath.

That's the problem. I just looked in the jar, and it is indeed corrupt. Premature end of archive reached. I did not download that. Forge did it. So, what is the problem with it check the download (MD5SUM or something) and giving a useful error?

I have to download it manually now, correct?

Update:

After downloading the server jar file, things have started normally. Thanks for the hint, LexManos.