Showing Damage

calclavia

In Universal Electricity, I am currently working on an item that can be charged. I successfully save the data of how much electricity the item stored via NBTTag. However, I don't know how to create a damage bar (like the sword, pickaxe etc.) to show how much electricity there is in the item. Anyone know how to make the small damage bar show under the item?

In Universal Electricity, I am currently working on an item that can be charged. I successfully save the data of how much electricity the item stored via NBTTag. However, I don't know how to create a damage bar (like the sword, pickaxe etc.) to show how much electricity there is in the item. Anyone know how to make the small damage bar show under the item?

set max damage i do believe has something too do with it.

I'm working without the code in front of me, but cant you intercept a right-click event, make that check if the wrench is in the players hand, if so, damage - 1?

The sword is Left-click, so maybe it needs to be coded diffidently?

(I'm @ school right now, I'll be home in 1h/1h30. I want to know how to do this to ;))

Please send me all the typo's you found, I'm from Belgium and I'm a little dyslectic and suck @ typing.

width=700 height=100http://dries007.net/banner.png[/img]

you want to do this.setMaxDamage(100) in the constructor

(that would obv set the bar to have 100 'segments')

then do ItemStack.damageItem(1, EntityPlayer)

and that would take 1 off the damage. the ItemStack and EntityPlayer should both be objects / Parameters of the method :)

There seems to be no custom item class for the compass. It uses the Item class. The item stack does not seem to have any code that updates the render of the item. The onUpdate function works, but I can't find any function that would update the render of the damage bar....

hmm its hiding in one of the class but something there updates the bar correctly. i'll take a look for you later after i'm done updating my server

You should have been looking in ItemTool the entire time...or possibly the superclass of ItemTool if it extends something besides Item.

ItemSword wouldn't have had a lot of the code you actually needed to see because all of that is invisibly inherited from its superclass, just like all of the other tools, which is kind of the point of the ItemTool class in the first place.

I accidentally the everything then NullPointerException.