Adding Your Own AI

HuskyBlueFire

Hi guys,

Bit of a hypothetical question here but, what is the scope for implementing your own custom mob AI?  I guess the main questions are; How much of the original mob AI can be easily overridden? Have many people done this in the past?

I have a fairly well sketched out logic and prioritisation pseudo-code for a new mob AI and figured I'd ask what I may be getting myself into before heading down a potentially painful path.

Cheers!

You have two options.  You can use the AI task list system, or you can use the "old" method which just ran one method for all the AI.  I have a tutorial on the AI task list system.  Basically you create a list of AI methods that are checked in priority sequence for their start condition.  Once they are running they will check condition to continue running, and also they will mask off other AI from running (so that you don't have entity start to wander away when it is in middle of attack for example).  You can replace just one portion of the AI, or all of it, or re-order it, etc.

I have tutorial on it: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-1721710-custom-entity-ai.html

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/