gradlew.bat not a valid win32 application

AssassinHero

hi,

I have just moved my forge folder from my desktop pc where i usually code to my laptop due to travelling.

i went to run gradlew.bat setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies and nothing happened so i went to click on gradlew.bat to see if it would do anything and was greeted with 'gradlew.bat is not a valid win32 application'.

my laptop is running 32 bit whereas my computer is running 64 bit.

Is there anyway i can fix this?

Thanks

STOP CRUCIFYING NEW MODDERS!!!!

Not sure what you mean by "moved" it to the laptop.  But for example if your desktop was 64-bit or something maybe it would be a problem.  Anyway, try installing Forge fresh and just moving the project (ideally using something like github, but worst case start a new project on your laptop and import all the .java files.  If you're regularly working on multiple computers, I strongly suggest using github.  I have a tutorial on setting up SourceTree with github for easy version control: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-publishing-to-github.html

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

That's a very strange message to get from running a bat. Is it marked as an executable file? Is there another (hidden) file extension on it that is confusing Windoze? Did you change Windoze versions so that it no longer fits?

I agree with the fresh installation. It has been about ten years since you could simply copy an installed application's file hierarchy and have even a prayer of things running correctly.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.