4.x Forge and Multicraft Control Panel

xKillerbees

This is in regards to changes with the 4.x version. The only thing installed is forge. It causes the panel to react in an odd fashion, as in not reading it is online, people are online etc.

It seems this mod loaded outputs the console messages in a very non-standard format, I recommend contacting the mod developer for this.

In the mean time you can try putting the following two lines at the bottom of the .jar.conf file you use with such servers, it's a workaround to drop the part of the log that is causing trouble:

[parse_log]

start=^(?P<time>(:?[-\d]+ )?[:\d]+)\s+\[(?P<type>\w+)\]\s+(:?\[\w+\] [-:\d ]+ \[\w+\] )?(?P<line>.*)$

Best Regards,

- Daniel

Multicraft Support

Seems like he has provided you with a valid solution, and it works fine.

We may look into providing a config option for the format of the console log, but, it seems to be a non-issue.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Because the old format wasn't a standard format for logging, typically, when you log something you want to have the time it happened. FML introduces more robust logging for trying to find out what went wrong when things do go wrong. Having time stamps is really useful.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am just curious if there is any new information with this issue? I have also contacted multicraft support and they gave me the same info as killerbees. The parse they provided will show the players that are online but still is not registering that the server is online. 

I do understand that logging of events is quite important, but is there not a way that you could trick the server into outputting the same logging as a vanilla server?

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

Dont bump old threads -.-

And you could probably write a mod to change the console output, to be honest, the server software should have a special mod to provide better interaction between it and the server, but since they don't Not our issue, its a really simple fix on there end.