[BUG] doRender Bug w/ Forge and offline mode [1.7.10]

Rhonim

Hello,

Recently the Pixelmon mod has been experiencing issue with Entities not rendering when a server is in offline mode. This occurs when the Player owns the Entity (in this case, EntityPixelmon), and only when they own that Entity. So to explain it differently, yhey can see non-owned entities as well as other player owned entities. The odd thing about this is that the Entities will render 100% of the time when in the Development Environment.

I decided to put in message that would be output into the log when the doRender function was called in order to test if it was even getting to that point.. It never ended up going off/into the log. The stack trace is as follows:

Essentially, this leads me to believe that Forge has either done something to break this, or I may be missing something. Feed back would be appreciated, thanks!

Would also like to note this bug is not present in 1.7.2 forge.

That is most likely not a Forge bug. I have entities owned by players, too, and they render properly, so it must be a Pixelmon bug. Also how is Forge supposed to know if an entity is owned by the player?

Anyways, I suggest checking what changes when an entity is owned and maybe comment those things out until it works. You can also create a dummy entity from scratch with the code which controls the ownership.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

This is not a Forge issue, if your entities are written correctly they will render.

As a personal note, I do not support nore endorse anything related to Pixelmon so I am locking this thread before it goes any further.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon