Biome Dictionary, inconsistency in default registrations

keybounce

BiomeDictionary.java has the following registration:

registerBiomeType(extremeHills,        MOUNTAIN, HILLS                              );

In MakeBestGuess(), Hills and Mountain are exclusive; all the other extreme hills variants are either hills or mountains.

Equally, Extreme Hills + (162) and Extreme Hills M (131) are marked as hills, not mountains.

===

MakeBestGuess() is using a comparison of height variation against 1.5F. This value being tested used to be the max height (in 164 and earlier); none of the vanilla biomes have a height variation that large in 1.7. Even the savannah variants at 163/164 don't hit that, and they are the largest in vanilla 1.7. I think this test is definitely bugged.

Jeb! The sheep! The fence pens, they do nothing still leak!

• 1 month later...

Additional flaws:

1. Ice Mountains, despite the name, has the same base height 0.45 and variation 0.3 as all the hills. It should have the hills tag, not the mountains (it is not in the same category with extreme hills).

2. Mesa Plateau F M and Mesa Plateau M also have the same 0.45 and 0.3. Yet "FM" has no height tag, and "M" has the "plains" tag. (biomes 166 and 167)

3. "Savanna Plateau M" has the biggest heights in the game -- base 1.05, variation 1.2125, can get really high, yet is only "hills" -- that's like calling the Himalayas "hills".

Where can I find instructions on submitting a pull request to forge?

(I'm serious: I don't know how to fetch the source, compile it, test it, make changes, and then get those changes sent back to you. What little I understand is that forge is not quite the same as normal mods and has a different behavior, and I have enough trouble getting a github pull request for mods I play around with a lot.)

Where can I find instructions on submitting a pull request to forge?

(I'm serious: I don't know how to fetch the source, compile it, test it, make changes, and then get those changes sent back to you. What little I understand is that forge is not quite the same as normal mods and has a different behavior, and I have enough trouble getting a github pull request for mods I play around with a lot.)

Goto https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge and read the

For Contributors

part of the readme.txt

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.