Minecraft Works in Eclipse but build.gradle Fails

MrrGingerNinja

Hi, forum dwellers!

I recently started a post on the Minecraft Forums regarding a dependency issue I was facing with the build.gradle file when trying to build my mod for release.

coolAlias on the forums helped me out with fixing this dependency issue, but I am now facing another problem that has left both him and I stumped.

I have set my Eclipse workspace up in the "Pahimar style"; i.e. creating a new project for each mod and make the mod's project depend on the Forge project.

The dependency issue I was facing was that my current mod also depends on an API project inside of Eclipse; to fix the issue, coolAlias told me to build the API (which works), then put the .jar file into a folder called 'libs' in my mod's project and add the following beneath the

apply plugin: 'forge'

line:

dependencies {
compile fileTree (dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
}

This works absolutely fine and I am grateful for that.

However, I am now facing an issue where the build.gradle script fails at the ":compile" step due to the following error:

"error: TileEntityChestIron is not abstract and does not override abstract method isItemValidForSlot(int, ItemStack) in IInventory".

Now, Eclipse does not tell me this error; it is happy with my structure (which involves a LOT of abstraction, just as a heads up).

TileEntityChestIron extends TileEntityChest (my own version). TileEntityChest is an abstract class that extends TileGUI (part of my API). TileGUI is another abstract class that extends TileInventory (another abstract class, part of my API, that implements most of the core IInventory methods, including isItemValidForSlot).

I copied the isItemValidForSlot method from the TileInventory class and put it into TileEntityChestIron and, when running the build.gradle file, the script failed again, this time complaining about not overriding abstract method closeInventory().

Does anybody know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix this issue? I made the API project so that creating inventories or GUIs or whatever is easier on my watch and makes my code look WAY neater. But this is becoming a real annoyance for me.

Thanks in advance; I appreciate any help anyone can give me :)

First of all: Don't make a separate Forge project. Each Mod project should be a normal Forge Workspace as you set it up with Gradle. No "Forge Only" project. Forge is a library, no need to make a separate project for it.

For your compile errors: Did you let gradle build your library mod without reobfuscating?

The setup I have regarding Forge works absolutely fine with any other mod that I have built with the build.gradle script. I have had no run ins with any other problems, so unless this is the cause for the problem, I am going to keep the structure I have?

As for the library mod, I ran the build.gradle file for this, as if it was a mod being released. Was this not the way to handle this?

I am not saying it doesn't work, I am just telling you: It makes no sense whatsoever (and btw. this is not what Pahimar does).

I apologise if I seemed arrogant in that post; it's just that my setup seems to work okay and I didn't really want to have to change my entire workspace layout. Especially as the majority of my workspace is in a Dropbox folder on my PC, synced with a select few who help develop the mods I am working on. It's easier for us all if I kept the workspace as it is :)

And I apologise for stating that this is the way Pahimar does it; I saw some tutorial videos where he sets up each mod in a different project, but that's all I knew... I assumed he was doing it the way I do. Sorry again.

Yeah, that will not work. If you run gradlew build it will reobfuscate the mod so that it can run in the normal Minecraft environment. You will need a non-obfuscated version of your library mod to build your normal mod. Look here on how to do that: https://github.com/diesieben07/SevenCommons/blob/master/build.gradle#L48

Thank you sooooooo much. I have finally got it working now, placing the 'deof' version in my 'libs' folder and then the actual version in the mods folder when running the mod outside of Eclipse.

Thanks for all the help; I really appreciate it! :D

Jautsch. You should use Git, that is much better for sharing Code. The workspace data should not be shared, only the actual Code. Then everyone can set up their workspace however they want without interfering with each other.

Believe me, I would use Git to do this; I upload the majority of my code to BitBucket using Git as it is, but some of the other code authors don't know the first thing about using Git and this was an easy temporary solution. When I update my Forge version again, I will probably show them how to use Git properly.

He used to do it in the pre-gradle time, because at that time it was needed to keep the Forge-Code and your Mod-Code separate. Now that is not needed anymore, because ForgeGradle lets you use Forge as if it was any other library.

That makes sense; like I said, when I set up a new version of Forge, I may take a look at setting it up in the way the Gradle intended for it to be set up as a library; thanks so much for all the help :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • rftoolsbuilder:shielding_cutout (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),rftoolsstorage:crafting_manager (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),deepresonance:dense_glass (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway_wall (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar)[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/blackboard_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_dye as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Loaded 36 recipes[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Diamond Weapons to the End City Treasure Loot Table![13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Longbow and Heavy Crossbow related loot to the Village Fletcher Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Iron Weapons to the Village Weaponsmith Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/ERROR] [minecraft/ServerFunctionLibrary]: Failed to load function watching:checkjava.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:315) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:320) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1770) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1760) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:373) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1182) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1655) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1622) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:165) ~[?:?] {}Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at net.minecraft.commands.CommandFunction.m_77984_(CommandFunction.java:63) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at net.minecraft.server.ServerFunctionLibrary.m_214320_(ServerFunctionLibrary.java:85) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1768) ~[?:?] {}... 6 more[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: [Automatic Recipe Unlock] Removed 3712 recipe advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [minecraft/AdvancementList]: Loaded 684 advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [at.dy.se.ItemLightLevels/]: Clearing item tag to light level mapping cache[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [sl.ma.fl.tr.FluidContainerTransferManager/]: Loaded 0 dynamic modifiers in 0.246528 ms[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_on with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_a_mob with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/bred_all_animals with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_all_mobs with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/make_a_sign_glow with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/balanced_diet with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/plant_seed with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_effects with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_off with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/adventuring_time with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_potions with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Loaded 8 flute songs[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Finished initialising Weapon Traits & Attributes! Took 11.202781ms[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Finished additional setup in 103 ms[13:50:20] [main/WARN] [minecraft/DedicatedServerProperties]: Failed to parse level-type biomesoplenty, defaulting to minecraft:normal[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting minecraft server version 1.19.2[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Loading properties[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Default game type: SURVIVAL[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Generating keypair[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting Minecraft server on :::25983[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/ServerConnectionListener]: Using epoll channel type[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.Skinstalker/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [Framework/]: Loading server configs...[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:overworld[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:the_nether[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Preparing level "world"[13:50:35] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing start region for dimension minecraft:overworld[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:42] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 17%[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Time elapsed: 7618 ms[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Done (21.501s)! For help, type "help"[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting GS4 status listener[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/GenericThread]: Thread Query Listener started[13:50:42] [Query Listener #1/INFO] [minecraft/QueryThreadGs4]: Query running on :::25983[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.se.pe.PermissionAPI/]: Successfully initialized permission handler forge:default_handler
    • Visit WEB:  https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com New York City, NY's love spells +27732318372 *To Get Back Ex Lover* Black magic cleansing.  
    • +27732318372 MOST GIFTED VOODOO MAGIC LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK AN EX LOVER << USA CANADA USA .. >> visit website (https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com) s.
    • The conflict arises from discrepancies between different versions of GSON. My suggestion would be to remove your dependency on GSON 2.8.6 and opt for a different approach. Instead of using the static method JsonParser.parseString, you can create a JsonParser object and then use the parse method.   JsonParser jsonParser = new JsonParser(); jsonParser.parse(jsonString)  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.