Forge 1.7.10 - I HAVE RUN 1.7.10 MANUALLY AT LEAST ONCE!!!

NateBoySmiles

Hello,

I'm a half newbie, half not, but I have a question.

When I use the 1.7.10 FORGE WIN installer, this little guy comes up every time I press 'install'.

|                                            Error                                                |

|                                                                                                    |

|    You need to run the version 1.7.10 manually at least once      |

I have run minecraft 1.7.10 at least once, and I tried resetting my .minecraft folder, yet still nothing.

Thanks, I always love to see helping hands in my nooby adventures.

No you didn't its looking for .minecraft/versions/1.7.10/1.7.10.jar if its not there you get this issue.

Its not there because you haven't run 1.7.10 using the vanilla launcher.

Simple as that. Beyond that, update, it should skip this and just download vanilla for you.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 weeks later...

I have this happen everytime I get a new version. I think it is because I create a new folder for minecraft other than the .minecraft one. I want to keep the saved games separate for each profile. That way I don't accidently load the wrong game and hose it up.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, is there a better way?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a super easy fix. When you run MineCraft it may be starting in a different version. On the bottom left of the start up screen you will see Profile and Version. Switch the  version to 1.7.10 and run the game. I loaded a save file just to make sure but once it runs it will install the proper file base for Forge to run properly. Once you install forge, then you can switch back to 1.8 or whatever version you want.