Fix the BUG.

Atila1091

Need a little help....

OreSpawn for 1.7.10 is almost done. Most things appear to work just fine now. Only one little problem left... LAG!

Yes, the dreaded LAG problem. It's back with a vengeance this time. Unfortunately, it is again in a portion of the game code that I have no control over, and so I need you all to help get it fixed.

I've already done everything I can, unfortunately. And I can say quite clearly and confidently that there is no problem with the OreSpawn chunk generation code. The number of blocks set are minimized. Blocks are not placed outside of chunk bounds. There are no massive calculations going on. I've followed the examples in the base MC code to the T. Even commenting out the chunk generation code doesn't help, so I know it's not there.

What is the lag and where is it? In every dimension except the Vanilla World. Just click an ant to change dimension, and then move around a little bit. The game will grind to a halt. Wait long enough, and it will recover and continue, but it is completely unplayable. You'll see. I obviously can't release it like this.

So... the problem appears to be somewhere in the loading and/or lighting of chunks, not the generation. If someone (or a whole bunch of someones!) can please ask MC and Forge to take a look... well... that would be greatly appreciated by all of us!

Just download the latest development version and click an ant. Lag City USA.  I'll be happy to supply test code to MC/Forge to work with to solve the problem if they need it. I can even test their fixes if they'd like. Just ask them to contact me!

PLEASE ASK MC TO FIX BUG: [JIRA] (MC-73941)

THANKS!!!

Danger and Atila1091

We do not have control over what bugs Mojang wants to fix - if it's critical enough and affects modded minecraft very severely then we'll consider.

But for now, no.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.