Problems with the ipod mod

lopnop

Hey forge-team,

I wanted to use the new ipod mod which is really cool I think after  I saw it in an video.

But when I start minecraft with the mod there's only a black screen, but I'm already using the newest

version of minecraft forge. My queation is: can you fix this problem? I first installed minecraft forge then optifine then minimap. I found out that the ipod mod is a mod for modloader, but it should work for forge, too. forge Modloader log and modloader.txt is included

kay i can try... just thought i ask here because this stands on the main-page of the forge forums: If you have a ModLoader mod that does not work with FML/Forge, *TELL US*, and we will fix it immediately... but if you don't do that you should erease this sentence on the main-page...

Just a question: How did you installed it? It seems it can't find a field named "PLASTIC". Did you put the mod as an archive into the mods folder or did you put the content of the mod archive into the minecraft.jar?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

kay i can try... just thought i ask here because this stands on the main-page of the forge forums: If you have a ModLoader mod that does not work with FML/Forge, *TELL US*, and we will fix it immediately... but if you don't do that you should erease this sentence on the main-page...

Sopmetimes it's beyond our control.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

i put it as an archive in the mod folder, cause that's what you do with modloader mods but it won't work

Yeah, but try to put the content of the mod archive into the minecraft.jar and see if that works.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Does it work if the mod is the only mod installed (next to MC Forge of course)?

If yes, then install each mod you want and test to track down which incompatibility is there.

mah twitter

nope. installed forge on a fresh copy of minecraft and the ipod mod, too, but this time this error report came:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 6df2a59b --------

Generated 06.10.12 15:38

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.6.0_35, Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Memory: 427031032 bytes (407 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

- FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 4 mods loaded, 0 mods active

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods)

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods)

mod_Console [mod_Console] (minecraft.jar)

mod_Console [mod_Console] (Ipodmodv35.zip)

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 GL version 3.3.11653 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: 64px [mc1.3.1] MK ANTIK2.2.zip

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:355)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:318)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:437)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT eb3e492f ----------

nope. installed forge on a fresh copy of minecraft and the ipod mod, too, but this time this error report came:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 6df2a59b --------

Generated 06.10.12 15:38

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.6.0_35, Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

- Memory: 427031032 bytes (407 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

- FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 4 mods loaded, 0 mods active

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods)

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods)

mod_Console [mod_Console] (minecraft.jar)

mod_Console [mod_Console] (Ipodmodv35.zip)

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 GL version 3.3.11653 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: 64px [mc1.3.1] MK ANTIK2.2.zip

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:355)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:318)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:437)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT eb3e492f ----------

There's a duplicate of the mod somewhere. Are you sure that nothing is in the mods folder except the mod? Are you sure that nothing is in the jar except Forge?

mah twitter

The issue is two folder, 1) He edits a base class EnumArmorMaterial to add a new 'PLASTIC' material, if every mod did this they would al conflict, and quite often do. So he should REALLY move to forge so he can stop editing base classes.. he has no reason to u.u

And 2) He doesn't ship his base edit anyways, so it would of never worked.

We try and support all ModLoader mods, however as soon as the mod makes a base class edit they are on there own, as any mod that edits base classes pretty much defactor doesn't care about complaitibility.

So go talk to the ipod mod's maker tell him 1) his packaging is wrong and missing his base classes and 2) Move to forge so he can be base clean.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon