[1.7.2]Custom Arrow

Jetfan16ladd

I want to create a custom arrow for my mod and I have a few questions.

M first question is: Is there anyway to make a arrow that explodes 3 seconds after hits something?

Also is there a way to make it so that on contact with a entity it gives a potion effect to the entity.

I have not found any tutorials on how to render the arrow( When I shoot the bow I want to actually see the arrow).

If u know of a tutorial or a way to do any of these things please post here.

If you take a look at both the EntityArrow.class and EntityThrowable.class, they should get you started. They both implement IProjectile, so you could mesh them together to create what you want.

In EntityThrowable - there is an onImpact method. You can override this to wait the 3 seconds, create and explosion, then set the arrow to die.

@Override
protected void onImpact(MovingObjectPosition position) {
  if (!this.worldObj.isRemote) {

// call the sleep command to wait 3 seconds - not sure what it is in JAVA

worldObj.newExplosion(this, position.blockX, position.blockY, position.blockZ, 5 + rand.nextInt(3), true, true);
    this.setDead();
  }
}

Also might want to take a look at this:

https://github.com/Draco18s/Artifacts/blob/master/main/java/com/draco18s/artifacts/entity/EntitySpecialArrow.java

The class is coded to accept all kinds of special effects, though I only needed two: knockback and explosions.  Look at

hitEffect(Entity entityHit)

Also, I think its set up to "always inflict damage" (ignores

hurtResistanceTime

) which was based off of having a "shotgun" effect working properly.

Because it extends EntityArrow, I never set up a special renderer.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hi

You may need to derive your arrow from EntityArrow; if you don't you might get a weird symptom where the arrow sticks in the wrong place and then suddenly jumps to a new position.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,25314.msg128902.html#msg128902

and

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14315.msg74087.html#msg74087

-TGG

I made it extend arrow and now it crash's when ever I use the bow.

Here is the bow class:

package com.mineturnedmod.mineturned;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IIconRegister;
import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

import net.minecraft.enchantment.Enchantment;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.EnchantmentHelper;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.EnumAction;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemBow;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.util.IIcon;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.common.MinecraftForge;
import net.minecraftforge.event.entity.player.ArrowLooseEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.event.entity.player.ArrowNockEvent;

public class GreenBow2Class extends Item
{
    public static final String[] bowPullIconNameArray = new String[] {"bow_pulling_0", "bow_pulling_1", "bow_pulling_2"};
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    private IIcon[] iconArray;
    private static final String __OBFID = "CL_00001777";

public GreenBow2Class()
    {
        this.maxStackSize = 1; 
        this.setMaxDamage(384);
        this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabCombat);
    }

/**
     * called when the player releases the use item button. Args: itemstack, world, entityplayer, itemInUseCount
     */
    public void onPlayerStoppedUsing(ItemStack p_77615_1_, World p_77615_2_, EntityPlayer p_77615_3_, int p_77615_4_)
    {
        int j = this.getMaxItemUseDuration(p_77615_1_) - p_77615_4_;

ArrowLooseEvent event = new ArrowLooseEvent(p_77615_3_, p_77615_1_, j);
        MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.post(event);
        if (event.isCanceled())
        {
            return;
        }
        j = event.charge;

boolean flag = p_77615_3_.capabilities.isCreativeMode || EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.infinity.effectId, p_77615_1_) > 0;

if (flag || p_77615_3_.inventory.hasItem(Items.arrow))
        {
            float f = (float)j / 20.0F;
            f = (f * f + f * 2.0F) / 3.0F;

if ((double)f < 0.1D)
            {
                return;
            }

if (f > 1.0F)
            {
                f = 1.0F;
            }

EntityExplosiveArrow EntityExplosiveArrow = new EntityExplosiveArrow(p_77615_2_, p_77615_3_);

if (f == 1.0F)
            {

}

int k = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.power.effectId, p_77615_1_);

if (k > 0)
            {

}

int l = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.punch.effectId, p_77615_1_);

if (l > 0)
            {

}

if (EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.flame.effectId, p_77615_1_) > 0)
            {
                EntityExplosiveArrow.setFire(100);
            }

p_77615_1_.damageItem(1, p_77615_3_);
            p_77615_2_.playSoundAtEntity(p_77615_3_, "random.bow", 1.0F, 1.0F / (itemRand.nextFloat() * 0.4F + 1.2F) + f * 0.5F);

if (flag)
            {

}
            else
            {
                p_77615_3_.inventory.consumeInventoryItem(Items.arrow);
            }

if (!p_77615_2_.isRemote)
            {
                p_77615_2_.spawnEntityInWorld(EntityExplosiveArrow);
            }
        }
    }

public ItemStack onEaten(ItemStack p_77654_1_, World p_77654_2_, EntityPlayer p_77654_3_)
    {
        return p_77654_1_;
    }

/**
     * How long it takes to use or consume an item
     */
    public int getMaxItemUseDuration(ItemStack p_77626_1_)
    {
        return 82000;
    }

/**
     * returns the action that specifies what animation to play when the items is being used
     */
    public EnumAction getItemUseAction(ItemStack p_77661_1_)
    {
        return EnumAction.bow;
    }

/**
     * Called whenever this item is equipped and the right mouse button is pressed. Args: itemStack, world, entityPlayer
     */
    public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack p_77659_1_, World p_77659_2_, EntityPlayer p_77659_3_)
    {
        ArrowNockEvent event = new ArrowNockEvent(p_77659_3_, p_77659_1_);
        if (event.isCanceled())
        {
            return event.result;
        }

if (p_77659_3_.capabilities.isCreativeMode || p_77659_3_.inventory.hasItem(Items.arrow))
        {
            p_77659_3_.setItemInUse(p_77659_1_, this.getMaxItemUseDuration(p_77659_1_));
        }

return p_77659_1_;
    }

/**
     * Return the enchantability factor of the item, most of the time is based on material.
     */
    public int getItemEnchantability()
    {
        return 1;
    }
    @Override
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public IIcon getIcon(ItemStack stack, int renderPass, EntityPlayer player, ItemStack usingItem, int useRemaining) {
    if (usingItem == null) { return itemIcon; }
    int ticksInUse = stack.getMaxItemUseDuration() - useRemaining;
    if (ticksInUse > 1) {
    return iconArray[2];
    } else if (ticksInUse > 13) {
    return iconArray[1];
    } else if (ticksInUse > 0) {
    return iconArray[0];
    } else {
    return itemIcon;
    }
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public void registerIcons(IIconRegister iconRegister){
    	 iconArray = new IIcon[4];
    	 iconArray[0] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_standby");
    	 iconArray[1] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_0");
    	 iconArray[2] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_1");
    	 iconArray[3] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_2");

this.itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_standby");

}

/**
     * used to cycle through icons based on their used duration, i.e. for the bow
     */
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public IIcon getItemIconForUseDuration(int p_94599_1_)
    {
        return this.iconArray[p_94599_1_];
    }
}

Here is the Arrow class:

import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase;
import net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityArrow;
import net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityThrowable;
import net.minecraft.util.MovingObjectPosition;
import net.minecraft.util.MovingObjectPosition.MovingObjectType;
public class EntityExplosiveArrow extends EntityArrow{
private double explosionRadius = 3.0F;

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World p_i1773_1_)
{
    super(p_i1773_1_);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World p_i1774_1_, EntityLivingBase p_i1774_2_)
{
    super(p_i1774_1_);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World p_i1775_1_, double p_i1775_2_, double p_i1775_4_, double p_i1775_6_)
{
    super(p_i1775_1_, p_i1775_2_, p_i1775_4_, p_i1775_6_);
}

protected void onImpact(MovingObjectPosition par1MovingObjectPosition) {
try {
    Thread.sleep(2000);                 //1000 milliseconds is one second.
} catch(InterruptedException ex) {
    Thread.currentThread().interrupt();
}

this.worldObj.createExplosion(this, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, (float)this.explosionRadius, true);
this.setDead();
}

}

The error that I keep on getting in the console is  AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Well.  Thread.sleep is not going to make the arrow "wait a second" before exploding.  It will cause the game to "freeze entirely for a second" then explode.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Hi

Post your entire crashlog in pastebin?  The line you quoted as the error isn't the actual cause of the crash.

You make a delay by counting ticks in onUpdate or similar.

Eg for 3 seconds, that is 3 seconds * 20 ticks / second = 60 ticks

Every time onUpdate is called, count up by one.  When you get to 60, explode.

The error you get when using @Override before onImpact is a warning that you have a spelling mistake or incorrect parameters in your onImpact method

eg onimpact(..) instead of onImpact(...)

-TGG

EntityArrow does not have an onImpact(MovingObjectPosition) method at all - that's why you get an error 'overriding' it. It can be quite tricky to extend EntityArrow and get any real functionality out of it, but it is possible.

My solution was to take advantage of the fact that 'onEntityUpdate()' does not do anything in EntityArrow, thus allowing me to override onUpdate() with my own code and still get the standard Entity class update functionality, and then rewrite the entire class around that so that I could manipulate any part of it that I wanted.

Battlegear2's solution is much simpler, but not quite as flexible: use Forge events to trigger methods within your arrow class.

Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages; it all depends on what you need to accomplish. For yours, BG2's approach is probably easiest - check when an entity is hit with your arrow, then spawn an exploding entity at that position with a timer of 3 ticks (or however many you need). Reason for the extra entity is EntityArrow is set to dead when it strikes an entity, so you will no longer have the benefit of its update tick (in this particular solution), unless you only want it to explode when hitting the ground.

First, please don't P.M. me about problems - the forums exist for everyone to learn.

Second, learn Java - you would know what to do with most of the errors you mentioned if you just took some time to study. I mean come on, you copied the Battelgear2 code exactly into your project and it's complaining because it can't find other class and object references - what did you expect to happen?

Third, my apologies - I forgot to mention that Battlegear2 uses byte-code manipulation to make certain fields in EntityArrow public, but even this would not be a problem for you if you understood Java better.

I know this may sound harsh to you, but it really does boil down to the very simple fact that you aren't going to get very far until you become comfortable with Java.

Or you could use my custom arrow:

https://github.com/Draco18s/Artifacts/blob/master/main/java/com/draco18s/artifacts/entity/EntitySpecialArrow.java

Which doesn't have any non-Minecraft imports, already deals with the onImpact problem, and is easily modifiable to add potion effects.  See line 321.

• 1 month later...

Now when ever I shot the explosive bow it crashes.

Here is the crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// This is a token for 1 free hug. Redeem at your nearest Mojangsta: [~~HUG~~]

Time: 1/17/15 6:18 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.EntityExplosiveArrow.setStatsByEffect(EntityExplosiveArrow.java:311)
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.EntityExplosiveArrow.<init>(EntityExplosiveArrow.java:77)
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.GreenBow2Class.onPlayerStoppedUsing(GreenBow2Class.java:67)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.onPlayerStoppedUsing(ItemStack.java:498)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.stopUsingItem(EntityPlayer.java:232)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.onStoppedUsingItem(PlayerControllerMP.java:518)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1999)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1029)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:951)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at GradleStart.bounce(GradleStart.java:107)
at GradleStart.startClient(GradleStart.java:100)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:55)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.EntityExplosiveArrow.setStatsByEffect(EntityExplosiveArrow.java:311)
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.EntityExplosiveArrow.<init>(EntityExplosiveArrow.java:77)
at com.mineturnedmod.mineturned.GreenBow2Class.onPlayerStoppedUsing(GreenBow2Class.java:67)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.onPlayerStoppedUsing(ItemStack.java:498)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.stopUsingItem(EntityPlayer.java:232)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.onStoppedUsingItem(PlayerControllerMP.java:518)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Player725'/737, l='MpServer', x=183.23, y=73.62, z=303.72]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 625, 625
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options: 
Level spawn location: World: (112,64,256), Chunk: (at 0,4,0 in 7,16; contains blocks 112,0,256 to 127,255,271), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 192082 game time, 136483 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 80 total; [EntitySheep['Sheep'/550, l='MpServer', x=184.94, y=66.00, z=361.59], EntityBat['Bat'/4129, l='MpServer', x=165.69, y=49.32, z=291.50], EntitySlime['Slime'/549, l='MpServer', x=181.78, y=12.87, z=263.22], EntityBat['Bat'/2987, l='MpServer', x=211.53, y=43.83, z=306.17], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4079, l='MpServer', x=155.09, y=17.00, z=321.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4078, l='MpServer', x=148.78, y=17.00, z=320.53], EntityZombie['Zombie'/5485, l='MpServer', x=167.50, y=44.00, z=373.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4080, l='MpServer', x=149.66, y=17.00, z=319.91], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/5483, l='MpServer', x=241.50, y=19.00, z=331.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1115, l='MpServer', x=235.56, y=73.00, z=261.97], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1650, l='MpServer', x=137.03, y=69.00, z=290.50], EntityClientPlayerMP['Player725'/737, l='MpServer', x=183.23, y=73.62, z=303.72], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/3820, l='MpServer', x=141.44, y=79.00, z=342.34], EntitySpider['Spider'/1600, l='MpServer', x=121.78, y=87.00, z=336.03], EntityZombie['Zombie'/525, l='MpServer', x=176.34, y=65.00, z=263.84], EntityBat['Bat'/526, l='MpServer', x=180.47, y=43.10, z=292.75], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4046, l='MpServer', x=141.50, y=82.00, z=347.50], EntityBat['Bat'/2470, l='MpServer', x=245.27, y=11.82, z=337.29], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4049, l='MpServer', x=118.47, y=84.00, z=320.91], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4057, l='MpServer', x=132.50, y=16.00, z=290.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/3789, l='MpServer', x=167.50, y=21.00, z=260.50], EntityBat['Bat'/4126, l='MpServer', x=127.28, y=23.10, z=293.66], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/3791, l='MpServer', x=188.50, y=19.00, z=331.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4675, l='MpServer', x=193.50, y=37.00, z=232.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/4674, l='MpServer', x=195.44, y=37.00, z=228.47], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/4677, l='MpServer', x=197.50, y=37.00, z=224.50], EntitySheep['Sheep'/614, l='MpServer', x=237.50, y=72.00, z=380.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/5166, l='MpServer', x=152.50, y=63.00, z=277.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/4676, l='MpServer', x=190.00, y=34.00, z=235.47], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/612, l='MpServer', x=228.50, y=28.00, z=278.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/4678, l='MpServer', x=195.50, y=37.00, z=226.50], EntitySheep['Sheep'/613, l='MpServer', x=236.50, y=72.00, z=378.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/3464, l='MpServer', x=106.94, y=13.00, z=262.66], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4687, l='MpServer', x=107.50, y=70.00, z=312.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1842, l='MpServer', x=155.50, y=19.00, z=312.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/3473, l='MpServer', x=177.50, y=41.00, z=314.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4933, l='MpServer', x=127.50, y=70.00, z=308.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4932, l='MpServer', x=128.50, y=70.00, z=307.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4938, l='MpServer', x=159.50, y=72.00, z=224.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/5175, l='MpServer', x=232.50, y=89.00, z=315.50], EntityBat['Bat'/3061, l='MpServer', x=147.75, y=40.10, z=357.75], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/5402, l='MpServer', x=144.50, y=42.00, z=377.50], EntitySpider['Spider'/1819, l='MpServer', x=190.81, y=74.00, z=303.75], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/587, l='MpServer', x=219.34, y=64.00, z=236.59], EntitySheep['Sheep'/589, l='MpServer', x=209.03, y=67.00, z=375.78], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/5138, l='MpServer', x=243.88, y=70.00, z=237.28], EntityBat['Bat'/4737, l='MpServer', x=140.94, y=39.79, z=345.38], EntityBat['Bat'/4739, l='MpServer', x=143.80, y=39.85, z=347.40], EntityBat['Bat'/4767, l='MpServer', x=158.78, y=21.86, z=278.04], EntityBat['Bat'/4753, l='MpServer', x=128.64, y=16.05, z=289.63], EntityBat['Bat'/4752, l='MpServer', x=132.45, y=22.01, z=292.35], EntitySpider['Spider'/5329, l='MpServer', x=217.72, y=81.00, z=273.57], EntitySheep['Sheep'/665, l='MpServer', x=263.13, y=69.00, z=246.94], EntitySpider['Spider'/5341, l='MpServer', x=205.50, y=78.00, z=263.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1278, l='MpServer', x=141.50, y=75.00, z=283.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1518, l='MpServer', x=236.56, y=72.00, z=266.09], EntityZombie['Zombie'/3099, l='MpServer', x=157.50, y=68.00, z=368.50], EntityPig['Pig'/476, l='MpServer', x=142.56, y=86.00, z=346.13], EntityBat['Bat'/472, l='MpServer', x=135.50, y=22.10, z=300.50], EntityBat['Bat'/473, l='MpServer', x=140.50, y=22.00, z=308.25], EntityXPOrb['Experience Orb'/469, l='MpServer', x=128.34, y=64.25, z=246.25], EntityZombie['Zombie'/4584, l='MpServer', x=252.41, y=84.00, z=337.00], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/3084, l='MpServer', x=256.50, y=77.00, z=354.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1172, l='MpServer', x=217.50, y=79.00, z=279.50], EntityWitch['Witch'/4341, l='MpServer', x=254.53, y=81.00, z=338.97], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1960, l='MpServer', x=141.38, y=72.00, z=302.00], EntityItem['item.item.porkchopRaw'/449, l='MpServer', x=125.84, y=65.13, z=247.41], EntitySpider['Spider'/4336, l='MpServer', x=159.50, y=67.00, z=284.88], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1943, l='MpServer', x=186.94, y=34.00, z=282.47], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/4571, l='MpServer', x=247.84, y=70.00, z=238.78], EntitySpider['Spider'/1666, l='MpServer', x=183.59, y=79.00, z=279.97], EntityPig['Pig'/501, l='MpServer', x=147.50, y=80.00, z=324.69], EntityPig['Pig'/502, l='MpServer', x=156.56, y=71.00, z=345.78], EntityBat['Bat'/4295, l='MpServer', x=166.25, y=17.07, z=251.47], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1467, l='MpServer', x=175.50, y=26.00, z=236.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/499, l='MpServer', x=152.00, y=70.00, z=299.50], EntitySpider['Spider'/2898, l='MpServer', x=222.38, y=78.00, z=259.81], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/2422, l='MpServer', x=194.50, y=52.00, z=237.50], EntitySquid['Squid'/494, l='MpServer', x=143.44, y=51.34, z=258.94], EntityZombie['Zombie'/3108, l='MpServer', x=188.69, y=72.00, z=339.69]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.addWorldInfoToCrashReport(WorldClient.java:415)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.addGraphicsAndWorldToCrashReport(Minecraft.java:2556)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:980)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at GradleStart.bounce(GradleStart.java:107)
at GradleStart.startClient(GradleStart.java:100)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:55)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_67, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 557647408 bytes (531 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 12, tallocated: 94
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.18.1180 Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1180 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.18.1180} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.0.1180} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
realisticcrafting{1.0} [More Crafting] (bin) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series GL version 4.2.12422 Compatibility Profile Context 13.152.0.0, ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Here is the greenbow2 class:

public class GreenBow2Class extends Item
{
    public static final String[] bowPullIconNameArray = new String[] {"bow_pulling_0", "bow_pulling_1", "bow_pulling_2"};
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    private IIcon[] iconArray;
    private static final String __OBFID = "CL_00001777";

public GreenBow2Class()
    {
        this.maxStackSize = 1; 
        this.setMaxDamage(384);
        this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabCombat);
    }

/**
     * called when the player releases the use item button. Args: itemstack, world, entityplayer, itemInUseCount
     */
    public void onPlayerStoppedUsing(ItemStack p_77615_1_, World p_77615_2_, EntityPlayer p_77615_3_, int p_77615_4_)
    {
        int j = this.getMaxItemUseDuration(p_77615_1_) - p_77615_4_;

ArrowLooseEvent event = new ArrowLooseEvent(p_77615_3_, p_77615_1_, j);
        if (event.isCanceled())
        {
            return;
        }
        j = event.charge;

boolean flag = p_77615_3_.capabilities.isCreativeMode || EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.infinity.effectId, p_77615_1_) > 0;

if (flag || p_77615_3_.inventory.hasItem(Items.arrow))
        {
            float f = (float)j / 20.0F;
            f = (f * f + f * 2.0F) / 3.0F;

if ((double)f < 0.1D)
            {
                return;
            }

if (f > 1.0F)
            {
                f = 1.0F;
            }

EntityExplosiveArrow EntityExplosiveArrow = new EntityExplosiveArrow(p_77615_2_, p_77615_3_, p_77615_3_, f, f, null);

if (f == 1.0F)
            {

}

int k = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.power.effectId, p_77615_1_);

if (k > 0)
            {

}

int l = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.punch.effectId, p_77615_1_);

if (l > 0)
            {

}

if (EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel(Enchantment.flame.effectId, p_77615_1_) > 0)
            {
                EntityExplosiveArrow.setFire(100);
            }

p_77615_1_.damageItem(1, p_77615_3_);
            p_77615_2_.playSoundAtEntity(p_77615_3_, "random.bow", 1.0F, 1.0F / (itemRand.nextFloat() * 0.4F + 1.2F) + f * 0.5F);

if (flag)
            {

}
            else
            {
                p_77615_3_.inventory.consumeInventoryItem(Items.arrow);
            }

if (!p_77615_2_.isRemote)
            {
                p_77615_2_.spawnEntityInWorld(EntityExplosiveArrow);
            }
        }
    }

public ItemStack onEaten(ItemStack p_77654_1_, World p_77654_2_, EntityPlayer p_77654_3_)
    {
        return p_77654_1_;
    }

/**
     * How long it takes to use or consume an item
     */
    public int getMaxItemUseDuration(ItemStack p_77626_1_)
    {
        return 82000;
    }

/**
     * returns the action that specifies what animation to play when the items is being used
     */
    public EnumAction getItemUseAction(ItemStack p_77661_1_)
    {
        return EnumAction.bow;
    }

/**
     * Called whenever this item is equipped and the right mouse button is pressed. Args: itemStack, world, entityPlayer
     */
    public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack p_77659_1_, World p_77659_2_, EntityPlayer p_77659_3_)
    {
        ArrowNockEvent event = new ArrowNockEvent(p_77659_3_, p_77659_1_);
        if (event.isCanceled())
        {
            return event.result;
        }

if (p_77659_3_.capabilities.isCreativeMode || p_77659_3_.inventory.hasItem(Items.arrow))
        {
            p_77659_3_.setItemInUse(p_77659_1_, this.getMaxItemUseDuration(p_77659_1_));
        }

return p_77659_1_;
    }

/**
     * Return the enchantability factor of the item, most of the time is based on material.
     */
    public int getItemEnchantability()
    {
        return 1;
    }
    @Override
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public IIcon getIcon(ItemStack stack, int renderPass, EntityPlayer player, ItemStack usingItem, int useRemaining) {
    if (usingItem == null) { return itemIcon; }
    int ticksInUse = stack.getMaxItemUseDuration() - useRemaining;
    if (ticksInUse > 1) {
    return iconArray[2];
    } else if (ticksInUse > 13) {
    return iconArray[1];
    } else if (ticksInUse > 0) {
    return iconArray[0];
    } else {
    return itemIcon;
    }
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public void registerIcons(IIconRegister iconRegister){
    	 iconArray = new IIcon[4];
    	 iconArray[0] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_standby");
    	 iconArray[1] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_0");
    	 iconArray[2] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_1");
    	 iconArray[3] = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_pulling_2");

this.itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("morecraftingmod:bow_standby");

}

/**
     * used to cycle through icons based on their used duration, i.e. for the bow
     */
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public IIcon getItemIconForUseDuration(int p_94599_1_)
    {
        return this.iconArray[p_94599_1_];
    }
}

Here is the explosive arrow class:

import java.util.List;
import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.EnchantmentHelper;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.EnchantmentThorns;
import net.minecraft.entity.DataWatcher;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase;
import net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityEnderman;
import net.minecraft.entity.passive.EntityChicken;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP;
import net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityArrow;
import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound;
import net.minecraft.network.play.server.S2BPacketChangeGameState;
import net.minecraft.potion.Potion;
import net.minecraft.util.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.util.DamageSource;
import net.minecraft.util.MathHelper;
import net.minecraft.util.MovingObjectPosition;
import net.minecraft.util.Vec3;
import net.minecraft.world.Explosion;

public class EntityExplosiveArrow extends EntityArrow {
private int xTile = -1;
private int yTile = -1;
private int zTile = -1;
private Block inTile = null;
private int inData = 0;
private boolean inGround = false;
private int ticksInGround = 0;
private int ticksInAir = 0;
private float knockbackStrength = 0;
public ArrowEffect effect = ArrowEffect.DEFAULT;

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world) {
	super(world);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, double x, double y, double z) {
	super(world, x, y, z);
}
public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, double x, double y, double z, double damage) {
	super(world, x, y, z);
	setDamage(damage);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, EntityLivingBase target, float power, float variance) {
	super(world, shooter, target, power, variance);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, EntityLivingBase target, float power, float variance, double damage) {
	setDamage(damage);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, float power) {
	super(world, shooter, power);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, float power, double damage) {
	setDamage(damage);
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, EntityLivingBase target, float power, float variance, ArrowEffect fx) {
	this.effect = fx;
	setStatsByEffect();
}
public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, EntityLivingBase target, float power, float variance, double damage, ArrowEffect fx) {
	setDamage(damage);
	this.effect = fx;
	setStatsByEffect();
}

public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, float power, ArrowEffect fx) {
	this.effect = fx;
	setStatsByEffect();
}
public EntityExplosiveArrow(World world, EntityLivingBase shooter, float power, double damage, ArrowEffect fx) {
	setDamage(damage);
	this.effect = fx;
	setStatsByEffect();
}

protected void entityInit()
{
	super.entityInit();
	this.dataWatcher.addObject(17, "");
}

public void onUpdate()
{
	onEntityUpdate();
	if ((this.prevRotationPitch == 0.0F) && (this.prevRotationYaw == 0.0F)) {
		float var1 = MathHelper.sqrt_double(this.motionX * this.motionX + this.motionZ * this.motionZ);
		this.prevRotationYaw = (this.rotationYaw = (float)(Math.atan2(this.motionX, this.motionZ) * 180.0D / 3.141592653589793D));
		this.prevRotationPitch = (this.rotationPitch = (float)(Math.atan2(this.motionY, var1) * 180.0D / 3.141592653589793D));
	}
	Block block = this.worldObj.getBlock(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
	if (block != Blocks.air) {
		block.setBlockBoundsBasedOnState(this.worldObj, this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
		AxisAlignedBB var2 = block.getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool(this.worldObj, this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
		if ((var2 != null) && (var2.isVecInside(Vec3.createVectorHelper(this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ))))
			this.inGround = true;
	}
	if (this.arrowShake > 0)
		this.arrowShake -= 1;
	if (this.inGround) {
		Block blockInside = this.worldObj.getBlock(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
		int metaInside = this.worldObj.getBlockMetadata(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
		if ((blockInside == this.inTile) && (metaInside == this.inData)) {
			this.ticksInGround++;
			if (this.ticksInGround >= 1200)
				setDead();
		}
		else {
			this.inGround = false;
			this.motionX *= this.rand.nextFloat() * 0.2F;
			this.motionY *= this.rand.nextFloat() * 0.2F;
			this.motionZ *= this.rand.nextFloat() * 0.2F;
			this.ticksInGround = 0;
			this.ticksInAir = 0;
		}
	}
	else {
		this.ticksInAir += 1;
		Vec3 posVector = Vec3.createVectorHelper(this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ);
		Vec3 newPosVector = Vec3.createVectorHelper(this.posX + this.motionX, this.posY + this.motionY, this.posZ + this.motionZ);
		MovingObjectPosition moPos = this.worldObj.func_147447_a(posVector, newPosVector, false, true, false);
		posVector = Vec3.createVectorHelper(this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ);
		newPosVector = Vec3.createVectorHelper(this.posX + this.motionX, this.posY + this.motionY, this.posZ + this.motionZ);
		if (moPos != null)
			newPosVector = Vec3.createVectorHelper(moPos.hitVec.xCoord, moPos.hitVec.yCoord, moPos.hitVec.zCoord);
		Entity entity = null;
		List entityList = this.worldObj.getEntitiesWithinAABBExcludingEntity(this, this.boundingBox.addCoord(this.motionX, this.motionY, this.motionZ).expand(1.0D, 1.0D, 1.0D));
		double var7 = 0.0D;

for (int var9 = 0; var9 < entityList.size(); var9++) {
			Entity var10 = (Entity)entityList.get(var9);
			if ((var10.canBeCollidedWith()) && ((var10 != this.shootingEntity) || (this.ticksInAir >= 5))) {
				float var11 = 0.3F;
				AxisAlignedBB var12 = var10.boundingBox.expand(var11, var11, var11);
				MovingObjectPosition var13 = var12.calculateIntercept(posVector, newPosVector);
				if (var13 != null) {
					double var14 = posVector.distanceTo(var13.hitVec);
					if ((var14 < var7) || (var7 == 0.0D)) {
						entity = var10;
						var7 = var14;
					}
				}
			}
		}
		if (entity != null) {
			moPos = new MovingObjectPosition(entity);
		}

if (moPos != null) {
			if (moPos.entityHit != null) {
				float var20 = MathHelper.sqrt_double(this.motionX * this.motionX + this.motionY * this.motionY + this.motionZ * this.motionZ);
				int var23 = MathHelper.ceiling_double_int(var20 * getDamage() * 1.5);
				if (getIsCritical())
					var23 += this.rand.nextInt(var23 / 2 + 2);
				DamageSource var21 = null;
				if (this.shootingEntity == null)
					var21 = DamageSource.causeArrowDamage(this, this);
				else
					var21 = DamageSource.causeArrowDamage(this, this.shootingEntity);
				if ((isBurning()) && (!(moPos.entityHit instanceof EntityEnderman)))
					moPos.entityHit.setFire(5);
				if((shouldDamage(moPos.entityHit))) {
					moPos.entityHit.hurtResistantTime = 0;
					if ((moPos.entityHit.attackEntityFrom(var21, var23))) {
						hitEffect(moPos.entityHit);
						if ((moPos.entityHit instanceof EntityLivingBase)) {
							EntityLivingBase entityLivingBase = (EntityLivingBase)moPos.entityHit;
							if (!this.worldObj.isRemote)
								entityLivingBase.setArrowCountInEntity(entityLivingBase.getArrowCountInEntity() + 1);
							if (this.knockbackStrength > 0) {
								float var26 = MathHelper.sqrt_double(this.motionX * this.motionX + this.motionZ * this.motionZ);
								if (var26 > 0.0F) {
									moPos.entityHit.addVelocity(this.motionX * this.knockbackStrength * 0.6D / var26, 0.1D, this.motionZ * this.knockbackStrength * 0.6D / var26);
								}
							}
							if (this.shootingEntity != null) {
								EnchantmentHelper.func_151384_a(entityLivingBase, this.shootingEntity);
								EnchantmentHelper.func_151385_b((EntityLivingBase)this.shootingEntity, entityLivingBase);
							}
							if ((this.shootingEntity != null) && (moPos.entityHit != this.shootingEntity) && ((moPos.entityHit instanceof EntityPlayer)) && ((this.shootingEntity instanceof EntityPlayerMP)))
								((EntityPlayerMP)this.shootingEntity).playerNetServerHandler.sendPacket(new S2BPacketChangeGameState(6, 0.0F));
						}
						playSound("random.bowhit", 1.0F, 1.2F / (this.rand.nextFloat() * 0.2F + 0.9F));
						if (!(moPos.entityHit instanceof EntityEnderman))
							setDead();
					}
				}
				else {
					this.motionX *= -0.1D;
					this.motionY *= -0.1D;
					this.motionZ *= -0.1D;
					this.rotationYaw += 180.0F;
					this.prevRotationYaw += 180.0F;
					this.ticksInAir = 0;
				}
			}
			else {
				this.xTile = moPos.blockX;
				this.yTile = moPos.blockY;
				this.zTile = moPos.blockZ;
				this.inTile = this.worldObj.getBlock(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
				this.inData = this.worldObj.getBlockMetadata(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
				missEffect(this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile);
				this.motionX = ((float)(moPos.hitVec.xCoord - this.posX));
				this.motionY = ((float)(moPos.hitVec.yCoord - this.posY));
				this.motionZ = ((float)(moPos.hitVec.zCoord - this.posZ));
				float var20 = MathHelper.sqrt_double(this.motionX * this.motionX + this.motionY * this.motionY + this.motionZ * this.motionZ);
				this.posX -= this.motionX / var20 * 0.05D;
				this.posY -= this.motionY / var20 * 0.05D;
				this.posZ -= this.motionZ / var20 * 0.05D;
				playSound("random.bowhit", 1.0F, 1.2F / (this.rand.nextFloat() * 0.2F + 0.9F));
				this.inGround = true;
				this.arrowShake = 7;
				setIsCritical(false);
				if (this.inTile != Blocks.air)
					this.inTile.onEntityCollidedWithBlock(this.worldObj, this.xTile, this.yTile, this.zTile, this);
			}
		}
		if (getIsCritical()) {
			for (int var9 = 0; var9 < 4; var9++)
				this.worldObj.spawnParticle("crit", this.posX + this.motionX * var9 / 4.0D, this.posY + this.motionY * var9 / 4.0D, this.posZ + this.motionZ * var9 / 4.0D, -this.motionX, -this.motionY + 0.2D, -this.motionZ);
		}
		this.posX += this.motionX;
		this.posY += this.motionY;
		this.posZ += this.motionZ;
		float var20 = MathHelper.sqrt_double(this.motionX * this.motionX + this.motionZ * this.motionZ);
		this.rotationYaw = ((float)(Math.atan2(this.motionX, this.motionZ) * 180.0D / 3.141592653589793D));
		for (this.rotationPitch = ((float)(Math.atan2(this.motionY, var20) * 180.0D / 3.141592653589793D)); this.rotationPitch - this.prevRotationPitch < -180.0F; this.prevRotationPitch -= 360.0F);
		while (this.rotationPitch - this.prevRotationPitch >= 180.0F)
			this.prevRotationPitch += 360.0F;
		while (this.rotationYaw - this.prevRotationYaw < -180.0F)
			this.prevRotationYaw -= 360.0F;
		while (this.rotationYaw - this.prevRotationYaw >= 180.0F)
			this.prevRotationYaw += 360.0F;
		this.rotationPitch = (this.prevRotationPitch + (this.rotationPitch - this.prevRotationPitch) * 0.2F);
		this.rotationYaw = (this.prevRotationYaw + (this.rotationYaw - this.prevRotationYaw) * 0.2F);
		float var22 = 0.99F;
		float var11 = 0.05F;
		if (isInWater()) {
			for (int var25 = 0; var25 < 4; var25++) {
				float var26 = 0.25F;
				this.worldObj.spawnParticle("bubble", this.posX - this.motionX * var26, this.posY - this.motionY * var26, this.posZ - this.motionZ * var26, this.motionX, this.motionY, this.motionZ);
			}
			var22 = 0.8F;
		}
		this.motionX *= var22;
		this.motionY *= var22;
		this.motionZ *= var22;
		this.motionY -= var11;
		setPosition(this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ);
		func_145775_I/*doBlockCollisions*/();
	}
}

public boolean shouldDamage(Entity entity)
{
	return (entity != this.shootingEntity);
}

public void writeEntityToNBT(NBTTagCompound tag)
{
	super.writeEntityToNBT(tag);
	tag.setShort("xTile", (short)this.xTile);
	tag.setShort("yTile", (short)this.yTile);
	tag.setShort("zTile", (short)this.zTile);
        tag.setByte("inTile", (byte)Block.getIdFromBlock(this.inTile));
	tag.setByte("inData", (byte)this.inData);
	tag.setByte("inGround", (byte)(this.inGround ? 1 : 0));
	tag.setByte("effect", this.effect.ID);
}

public void readEntityFromNBT(NBTTagCompound tag)
{
	super.readEntityFromNBT(tag);
	this.xTile = tag.getShort("xTile");
	this.yTile = tag.getShort("yTile");
	this.zTile = tag.getShort("zTile");
	this.inTile = Block.getBlockById(tag.getByte("inTile") & 0xFF);
	this.inData = (tag.getByte("inData") & 0xFF);
	this.inGround = (tag.getByte("inGround") == 1);
	this.effect = ArrowEffect.get(tag.getByte("effect"));
}

public void setKnockbackStrength(float strength)
{
	this.knockbackStrength = strength;
}

public void setStatsByEffect() {
	switch (this.effect.ID) {
		case 0:
			setKnockbackStrength(1);
			break;
		case 1:
			setKnockbackStrength(0);
			break;
	}
}

public void hitEffect(Entity entityHit) {
		case 1:
			Explosion explosion = new Explosion(this.worldObj, this, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, 2F);
			explosion.doExplosionA();
			explosion.doExplosionB(true);
			break;
	}
}

public void missEffect(int x, int y, int z) {
		case 1:
			Explosion explosion = new Explosion(this.worldObj, this, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, 2F);
			explosion.doExplosionA();
			explosion.doExplosionB(true);
			setDead();
			break;
	}
}

public void onCollideWithPlayer(EntityPlayer par1EntityPlayer)
    {
        if (!this.worldObj.isRemote && this.inGround && this.arrowShake <= 0)
        {
            boolean flag = this.canBePickedUp == 1 || this.canBePickedUp == 2 && par1EntityPlayer.capabilities.isCreativeMode;

if (this.canBePickedUp == 1 && !par1EntityPlayer.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Items.arrow, 1)))
            {
                flag = false;
            }

if (flag)
            {
                this.playSound("random.pop", 0.2F, ((this.rand.nextFloat() - this.rand.nextFloat()) * 0.7F + 1.0F) * 2.0F);
                par1EntityPlayer.onItemPickup(this, 1);
                this.setDead();
            }
        }
    }
}

Null pointer errors are easy to fix.

go to the line it indicates, look at it, figure out what objects could possibly be null, backtrace to figure out why.

Well the thing that looks null is an object of type ArrowEffect.

Figure out why it is null.  Which constructor are you calling, what's the default value, etc.

I fixed it. It was a error with the greenbow2 class.

Tada. There was no way we could have figured that out from the code you posted.

And now you know how to debug.

• Like 1