How is a mod like JourneyMap able to load in multiplayer?

roperson

Hello,

As the title says, I'm trying to make my mod load on a multiplayer server, however I can't find any switch/option/modding thingy to make this happen.

My mod currently just sends a message to the player with the "ServerChat" event, to see if I'm doing it right. It works in a singleplayer world, but no on a multiplayer world.

Ok. What I have is a mod listening on the "ServerChatEvent." When I prefix a message with a ~, it should just repeat the message back to me. On singleplayer, this works fine. However, on multiplayer, it does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: By "on multiplayer," I mean when connecting to a multiplayer server.

Following diesieben:

When on singleplayer you are really connected to integrated server running along with your client. It's the server that is responsible for sending messages so if you connect to dedicated one (you don't have integrated with your client) then mod that is only on your client and not on server will not send anything because it is only handled on server side.

Clear enough?

Following that - if you want to make a Client-Side mod you can ONLY (and only) use client-side methods and events. anything else will not work when connected to dedicated server.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

You can't without outside listenears. Simple as that. Server will not pass any data that it can't read (receive in packet).

JourneyMap is probably using its own local host engine of some kind, you would have to code it yourself - google how to use LAN connection and http access.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.