[1.6.4] Random crash in development environment

SkylordJoel

Hi,

After initialising my new dimensions/planets, any world, new or otherwise, appears to crash with this log:

http://pastebin.com/vbmSwBmJ

Before this, my mod loaded with one gigabyte of RAM and half the current permgen size, so I'm pretty sure that it's the dimensions.

The mod that includes the dimensions is SpaceAgePlanets, and the other mods whose source I have in my dev environment (ie the ones that I'm working on) are SpaceAge and WarpDrive.

If required, I can give source code for any one of my dimensions.

Thanks,

SkylordJoel

Okay, it stuffed up for some reason and just gave me this error:

An internal error occurred during: "Parsing heap dump from '/Users/skylordjoel/Desktop/mcp/SpaceAge v1.6.4/SpaceAge/forge/mcp/jars/java_pid14117.hprof'".
Java heap space

OK

In that case, I suggest you put a breakpoint in the EntityPlayerMP constructor here:

while (!p_i45285_2_.getCollidingBoundingBoxes(this, this.boundingBox).isEmpty())       // <-------- breakpoint here
        {
            this.setPosition(this.posX, this.posY + 1.0D, this.posZ);
        }

If it doesn't find a spawn spot it keeps increasing the posY until it finds one which is clear.  If you trace it through you should pretty easily find out what isn't working as you expect.

BTW did you read this line from the post I linked? It sure sounds very similar to your issue

> I forgot to set up the block's ID in the config handler so it defaulted to zero making all the air blocks that block.. wow

-TGG

No, my IDs are set up fine. I think. I just recently moved all registration to preInit so that may have broken it.

I'm not really familiar with the workings of breakpoints, but I did what you recommended, only to suffer another crash.

Well, there's only one other thing I can think of - in the Ontarine generation algorithm, it replaces every single block at a certain y value with sand... I didn't understand really how to do that like Minecraft so I did it in the ChunkProvider where Minecraft generates trees.

I find those versions lack human-readable names

Both 1.7 an 1.8 have almost complete mappings, just use the daily snapshots.

are full of bugs and glitches

I haven't encountered any bug or glitch that makes 1.6.4 better than either of those versions.

not to mention framerate drops, etc.

There is nothing but performance improvements in the newer version, I haven't experienced any framerate drops.

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP READ THE EAQ!

I'll help if I can. Apologies if I do something obviously stupid. :D

If you don't know basic Java yet, go and follow these tutorials.

I usually get more rendering bugs and framerate drops from those. Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that Minecraft only supports Java 6... Well, on Mac at least.

If WarpDrive, Universal Electricity, RotaryCraft and MFFS all update to 1.7 or 1.8, then I will use it.

EDIT: I forgot, also if the EULA changes back to it's 1.6.4 and earlier state.