[1.7.10] Getting total day duration

Guichaguri

Hello all, i became from Bukkit and i'm new to the Forge.

I have little questions about world timing:

Is there a way to get total day duration? (in overworld, total day duration is 24000 ticks)

If not, it'll be a problem to use 24000 as a raw number?

I know that I can get the current day time by

(world.getWorldTime() % 24000)

and I don't know if forge let you change the day duration for a dimension, so I want to make it dynamic

Thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english :'(

sorry to say but unfortunatly the ticks per day is hard coded and cannot be changed

however if you write a mod that constantly sets the time to what you want you could simulate a different time period, though keeping the client and server in sync might be more of a problem

I played with this at one point and could get it to work for world, but could not get the time to change for only one dimension.

If you get it to work, I would be interested

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Mystcraft has dimensions with multiple suns that can move anywhere from "so fast it strobes" to "half as fast as the overworld."  Its possible to go slower, but not with the symbols that currently exist.

So Mystcraft would be a good test case, though you'd have to ask XCompWiz if there's a way to get the duration of a "day" for his dimensions.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.